JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RoadMaster Programmable LED Sign RRDS100 Need IR Codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, we have a JP1 upgrade for at least one version of the sign which works. What that means is, if you had a JP1 remote and a JP1 cable, you could load the code into your remote and it would probably work your sign.

I'm guessing that you don't already have a JP1 remote, in which case the following thread has info on remotes which come with their own USB cables that will let you program them using JP1.

www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16877
Kevin Mullins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the upgraded file that was posted, but as of yet I have no way of utilizing to try it out. I was looking into serial port transceivers and such. But I'm still new to all this and learning as I go...I just like to tinker.

I was essentially like the first post of this thread, picked up a sign at a flea market deal, but of course no remote. So googling around led me here. (actually to an old Hak5 page then to here)

Honestly, I had no idea what JP1 was referring to until you mentioned it. I will definitely look into all that as an option to test with.

I did end up finding a remote which I thought would work for my sign (both sign and remote are copyrighted 2007). The remote itself seems to be working (as viewed through a digital camera) but my sign was completely unresponsive, it could just be a bum sign too as I read reviews of these having that problem. So my intentions at some point was to at least capture the codes off this remote if it could possibly help clear up some of code confusion as it seemed to still be a bit sketchy.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, if the sign is bad that's another story (and we might be able to help with that too), but assuming the sign is good, if you buy one of the remotes that I pointed you to (ie, $15 at Best Buy, or $17 from China), I am pretty confident that we will get your sign working.

I won't bother explaining how now, when you don't have a remote, but if you buy one, come back and any number of people here will get you sorted out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: