JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes


FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA 8910 Device Upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mdavej
Expert


Joined: 08 Oct 2003
Posts: 3752

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really need to do your learns directly from the remote, not through an extender.

In any case, you'll find that nearly all your learns are identical to the upgrade I posted. So that's a waste of time, IMO. I'd start with the upgrade and learn just the commands that are missing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radunn



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 149
Location: Troy, NY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
You really need to do your learns directly from the remote, not through an extender.

The URC (learning remote) has special battery to send signal to a receiver so I don't have to point directly at the device.

mdavej wrote:
In any case, you'll find that nearly all your learns are identical to the upgrade I posted. So that's a waste of time, IMO. I'd start with the upgrade and learn just the commands that are missing.

The upgrade you posted is for RC URC-7780OFA Stealth 12; does this matter?
_________________
Radunn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdavej
Expert


Joined: 08 Oct 2003
Posts: 3752

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For learning purposes only, you must point the original remote directly at your receiving remote. Ignore your extender for now.

All upgrades work with all remotes. That's the whole point of JP1. Just pick your model from the drop-down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
radunn



Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 149
Location: Troy, NY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
For learning purposes only, you must point the original remote directly at your receiving remote. Ignore your extender for now.

All upgrades work with all remotes. That's the whole point of JP1. Just pick your model from the drop-down.

Very well, I selected 8910 New from drop down, changed device type to TV; will reassign buttons to my liking, Output to IR, finally upload to remote. It's working!! Again thanks
_________________
Radunn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Get Smart! the band's official homepage Rockabilly Central