JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA 8910 Device Upgrade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject: OFA 8910 Device Upgrade Reply with quote

I currently have the OFA 8910 remote (formerly owned 9910). I am adding/replacing a device but need to know how to completely erase the remote before adding the new device. I saved the active codes to a file on the hard drive. When I do OPS/RESET the devices remain; only the macros are erased. What am I doing wrong?

The 2nd part of my dilemma is the Protocols tab in IR. How do I identify a protocol to a specific device so I can delete it to free up memory? In advance thanks...
jeajea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full reset

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4057

If you are using an extender you may need to disable the extender first
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeajea wrote:
Full reset

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4057

If you are using and extender you may need to disable the extender first

Thank you; very helpful and bookmarked. Do you know anything about protocols?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
Do you know anything about protocols?

Yes. What's your question?
radunn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
radunn wrote:
Do you know anything about protocols?

Yes. What's your question?

Are protocols created for all upgrade devices? I'm doing an upgrade and would like to know how to identify a protocol to a specific device so I can delete it to free up memory? I have 8 devices in IR.exe but only 4 protocols listed.

In the past I created an new upgrade and identified the protocol for that device on the Protocol tab when the new device was added. The remaining protocols I haven't a clue as to what device they are associated with.

In advance thanks...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you click on a device upgrade in IR.exe it displays the protocol id. Make a note of it. Then look in the protocols tab and see if it's used.

Or do it in reverse. Look at the protocols tab and make a note of the 4 PIDs there, then scroll through the device upgrades to see which of them are used.
radunn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
When you click on a device upgrade in IR.exe it displays the protocol id. Make a note of it. Then look in the protocols tab and see if it's used.

Or do it in reverse. Look at the protocols tab and make a note of the 4 PIDs there, then scroll through the device upgrades to see which of them are used.
What program are you referring; RM IR or IR.exe. In IR.exe after I download from remote, Learned Signals tab I don't see Protocols; only in RM IR; here a protocol ID is listed once on Learned Signals tab out of about 30 learned keys; the rest say Protocol-None. Also using Remote Master; hope I'm not confusing things... Peace
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your original question was specific to IR.exe and talked about device and protocol upgrades, you didn't talk about learning.

After your last question, I now have no idea what you're really trying to ask.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think rather than trying to solve detailed questions, when I get the impression that you don't really know what you're doing, why not state what your higher level objective is and then I might be able to help with that.

And it would probably also help if you posted whatever file you're working with (load it into the Diagnosis Area and post a link to it).
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn,
We in the JP1 community use imprecise or ambiguous terminology at times. The word "device" is used in many contexts, for example. It can be confusing. Here, the issue is the term "protocol". We use it in two ways: 1) to indicate the subroutine or procedure which formats and then sends an IR signal, and 2) to indicate the format of an IR signal. We would be much better off if everyone (and our software) used the term "executor" for referring to 1) and "protocol" for 2).

Anyway, the word "protocol" seen on the Learned Signal tab in RMIR refers to 2). It is the name of the IR protocol which defines the format of the learned signal. Conversely, "protocol", as seen in the Devices and Functions tab in RM/RMIR, and the Protocols tab in IR, refers to 1).

For usage 1), the name is not so important. Instead our remotes use the PID number to actually keep track of executors. If you download with RMIR, and look at the Devices tab, you'll be able to see all of your upgrades, as well as the PID and name of any executors used in the upgrades. The Protocols tab will normally be empty. If you delete an upgrade, RMIR will ask you if you wish to retain the executor--and tell you if the executor is being used by any other upgrade.

In IR, on the Devices tab, highlight an upgrade, and the PID of the executor (if present) will be shown in the box labeled Protocol ID. IR is not able to supply a name for the executor.
radunn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think rather than trying to solve detailed questions, when I get the impression that you don't really know what you're doing, why not state what your higher level objective is and then I might be able to help with that.

And it would probably also help if you posted whatever file you're working with (load it into the Diagnosis Area and post a link to it).

Files link: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13863
Zipped are files for the upgrade. Objective is to remove the AUX/TV in file 01-11-2016.ir and replace it with file new codes in file Sanyo RC upgrade.ir. File "Build an upgrade from scratch RM-IR.rtf" is the help file for completing the job although the notes seem amiss; feel to to edit this file with proper technique (notify me plz).
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of your learns are unreadable. That's why you're confused. Use this Sanyo file instead:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12820

But built in TV 0154 code should work fine.

Here's your original IR file plus the above device added to your AUX device:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13864
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Most of your learns are unreadable. That's why you're confused. Use this Sanyo file instead:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12820

But built in TV 0154 code should work fine.

Here's your original IR file plus the above device added to your AUX device:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13864

Thank you for the time/input. The orig. file was written for URC-7780 OFA Stealth 12 not URC 8910 New. Changing the Remote to URC 8910 New seems to have no effect on the errors doing Output (RM) to IR (Devices/Add). Opening the appended file has Key Move/Macro overflow errors..../

Why are my learns unreadable; seems to have happened on the 2nd learn? Again thanks for your time and support.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my guesses about your files are wrong, you'll have to take it from here. Add the Sanyo file I linked to the remote of your choice or simply use the built-in code I posted. If you have keymove/macro overflow, delete some key moves.

Your learns could be corrupt for many reasons, most likely your technique. Press the sending button much longer and make sure batteries in both remotes are fresh.

Good luck
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Since my guesses about your files are wrong, you'll have to take it from here. Add the Sanyo file I linked to the remote of your choice or simply use the built-in code I posted. If you have keymove/macro overflow, delete some key moves.

Your learns could be corrupt for many reasons, most likely your technique. Press the sending button much longer and make sure batteries in both remotes are fresh.

Good luck

Thanks mdavej, I suspect the culprit to be I use an IR-extender that has its own battery. I will replace it with freshly charged batteries of same manufacturer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: