JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Handleing Power Off/On for projector & receiver for Nevo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hostage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Handleing Power Off/On for projector & receiver for Nevo Reply with quote

First time posting here, though someone who appears to be on every forum I frequent (mdavej) put me down this path of the Nevo C2. I am liking the C2 and I can see how it is too complicated for most people. Anyway...

I am trying to figure out the best way I can do this. I have a Sony STRDH830 and a BenQ 1070w projector. They can both use separate power off/on functions. The BenQ requires the power off to be hit twice, before it powers off. I looked through the BenQ settings and didn't see an option to turn off this setting off. I am wondering what the best way to handle this. Should I just have the main power button only turn on both the projector and set the power off to a soft button? What is the best way to address this? I was thinking if I could disable the double push requirement for the projector I could just have the power button power on/off the projector, reciever, and switch input to what ever device I am currently on.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting up the Nevo to use "Activities" is the best way to go. One activity can be "Watch BenQ" In the activity macro for this activity you can have the discrete power on for both devices, switch to the right input on the Sony and anything else you need.

You would define a similar Activity for anything else you do. You will also define a shutdown activity that may be called "All Off" or "Good Night" or whatever you want. In the activity macro for this activity you will have the discrete off for the Sony and two presses of the off for the projector.

As an example, my activities on my Nevo are: Watch Cable, Watch ROKU, Watch BluRay, Watch Apple TV, "All Off".
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: