JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exiting activites (or turn it all off)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danorum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Exiting activites (or turn it all off) Reply with quote

I am moving from a Harmony Remote to a Nevo C2. So far, programming the remote is going well, but I think I am missing something fairly basic.

How do you shut down whatever is on during that activity? I tried to create a macro for the power button to shut off all of that activities items, but the hard power button isn't working.

I also ended up with the macro showing up as "All Off" in the soft keys section and that one works, but the hard power button does not.

Thanks,
Dan
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, EZ-RC will make a "Good Night" activity by default that shuts everything down.

To shut down specific things when switching activities, in EZ-RC go to advanced and edit your activity. There you can add all the discrete off commands for any devices you wish. No macros required. Harmony doesn't allow you to edit the steps in an activity, only add additional ones. Nevo allows you full control of the steps in every activity.

The reason your hard power button macro isn't working is because the it's not mapped to the device where you put your macro. I don't remember how to change that exactly in EZ-RC. It's much easier to do in Remote Master. I never use EZ-RC.

The easiest thing for you to do might be to simply add the power button for every device to every other device. That way you can use each without leaving the activity.

But also realize that Nevo and Harmony activities are fundamentally different in that a Nevo activity is simply a macro that ends in a certain device mode. A Harmony activity doesn't do that. The activity itself is its own mode. So with Nevo, put whatever functions you want in the ultimate device since there is no activity mode for such things. And be careful to make the appropriate key group assignments.
danorum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing all of this in Remote Master and I think you may have pointed me in the right direction. I may circle back once I know more to ask better questions.
danorum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind... This wasn't working, but originally, I created the macro to the Tivo. I just switched it to the TV and phantom button and it works now.

I created a "Power All Off" and assigned it to the TV and the "phantom" button.

It has a macro for turning everything off with discrete codes.

In the Activities section, I selected the Power Button and chose the "Power All Off" (under macros) for it. There isn't anywhere to select the device unless you are just going to have it use that devices "power" action.

Dan
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have it sorted. But if you need more help, post your RMIR file in the diagnosis area of the file section here so we can have a look. It's easier to tell what's going on from the file than descriptions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: