JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OARUSB04G USB remote on clearance @ Best Buy for $15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cooperfed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: OARUSB04G USB remote on clearance @ Best Buy for $15 Reply with quote

I was just looking into getting a new JP1 remote, and I discovered that the OARUSB04G remote is now on clearance at Best Buy for $15! Some stores still have it in stock, or you can order online; my shipping was $3.

This seems like quite a good deal for people looking to get started with JP1 at low cost, especially since it apparently includes a USB cable!

I have been plodding along with my 15-100 remote for several years, just programming manually, but I need some protocol extensions to support my new Yamaha receiver, so this seems perfect.

Incidentally, it would seem that OARUSB04G is being discontinued, as it is no longer sold by Walmart or Newegg, and Amazon only has a couple third party sellers selling it at a high price.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/one-for-all-4-device-universal-remote-black/1731147.p

It's also worth checking ebay too, here's one for $9 with free shipping (but not USB cable)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321928392871

If you don't mind waiting for delivery from China, you can also get the fancy Nevo C2 for under $17 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/251875255703
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also keep in mind that the USB cable is a very common one. So if you have a phone or camera, you probably already have the right cable. Same goes for the Nevo (different cable, but also common).

It's a shame it's discontinued.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: