JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need help to add one more learning to Radio Shack remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimdays

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Need help to add one more learning to Radio Shack remote Reply with quote

I have a Radio Shack learning remote 15-2104. I have learned in 26 buttons (see screenshot) from a Walmart Digital TV recorder. The Walmart remote is flaky (sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes it does not work) and I need to have a reliable remote. I believe that the Radio Shack 15-2104 is full( even though IR says there are 9 more learning available) because I have tried for over an hour to learn in the rew (<<) button from the Walmart remote. I was able to learn in the rew (<<) button on another RadioShack remote (15-2116), but even using the 15-2116 remote, I still cannot get the 15-2104 to accept the rew (<<). All the learned buttons work the Walmart recorder perfectly. I am attaching to this message the 15-2104 remote and also the 15-2116 remote. Can someone please take a look and help me get the rew(<<) entered into the 15-2104 remote. All the learned in functions on the 15-2104 are where I want them to be, ie, I don't want any buttons changed around. Also (but not too important) I would like to have the left (<) (see red circle in screenshot) also entered into the 15-2104 remote.
If there is a way to enter everything into the library of the 15-2104 remote that would be good because then I could free up all the learning memory. Then I probably could learn in the last 2 buttons (rew<< and left<).
http://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/15-2104.ir
http://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/15-2116.ir

Last edited by jimdays on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you seriously need to make a device upgrade and get rid of all those learns. Remote Master will do it for you. With IR, you do it manually like so:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Learning_OEM_Remote_Functions
jimdays

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me which version of IR is used in the link that you gave me? The ir interface looks different than the one I am using. If I am to follow the directions, it would be better to have the same version as in the example. Also, is there any other software I need (besides the IR program that I am already using)? Lastly, where and how do I assign a setup code and assign the new setup code to a device button?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which do you currently use to edit your devices today, KM or Remote Master?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, I converted all your learned signals into an upgrade, so your learning memory is now clear

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13815
jimdays

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for the work that you did. I tested all the buttons and everything seems to work correctly. It took me about a half hour to download the file because I didn't realize you have to be logged in to see the download button.

I have a lot of things to say; perhaps you don't have time to answer everything. The actual name of this digital recorder is Ematic Digital Converter. It is sold at Walmart and Amazon for about $30. Ten years ago computers had 25 pin connectors, and jp1 remotes were common at Radio Shack ( these two jp1 remotes I pulled out of the Radio Shack dumpster over ten years ago). But since that is all gone today, what is the likelihood of anyone searching your data base for the Ematic Digital Converter? And the file that you gave me is just for jp1 remotes, right?

Another thing, the 2 files that I gave you with the learned channels, the bulk of the learned channels were on one remote under the VCR device. The second remote I had 2 more buttons (rew<< and left<) under the DVD device. That was an oversight on my part. How did you know I wanted everything on one device, ie the VCR button?

Then I noticed you put something on the Key Moves tab for key 1s and 2s. What does this represent and what is its purpose?

Also, I see code 2000 is under VCR. Is 2000 the library code for this upgrade? If so, how /why did you pick 2000?

Lastly, if I want to try in a simple way to try to see what you did, what other software do I need? (The remote controls on cheap Chinese equipment often breaks, and while the remote is still working, it is useful knowledge to know how to copy the original remote to the library of the jp1 remote.)

Presently I just have the basic IR.exe program. You can see that in my above screenshots. I was able to use the simple IR program to read out the learned buttons information for the 2 remotes and I posted this information above. Also I was able to use the simple IR program to delete some learned buttons that shouldn't have been there ( and were hogging the learn memory). Also I used the IR program to change the learned buttons on the first remote so all of them were on the VCR device button. (In my haste, initially some of the learned buttons went on the DVD device button.)

EDIT: I don't know if anybody will be searching here for the Ematic Digital Converter, but to be complete, here are the buttons that are not obvious.
jp1 Ematic

Guide EPG
1s Hold
TV/VCR USB
Select OK
2s Recall
ch- Timer
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob used this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/controlremote/files/latest/download?source=files

The 2000 is totally arbitrary. Could be any number (within reason). In fact, we already had an upgrade for your device that was created a while ago by another user:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13717

The upgrade is for any JP1 remote. Since that's the purpose of this site, and there are over 100 models of JP1 remotes, most upgrades will be useful to someone. You can buy a brand new JP1 remote today from Amazon or your local Best Buy, Target, etc. They now use USB like modern computers. There are many thousands of active JP1 users. Very few still use the IR program anymore, but the one I linked above. It's easier to use and supports the latest JP1 remotes.

1s and 2s are never part of any device, so if you put any functions on them, they end up as key moves. Feel free to delete them if you want, but you'll lose access to Hold and Recall.
jimdays

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, as an exercise, I want to upload the file that you gave me (for the 15-2104 remote) to a different remote which is 15-2116. The buttons for these two remotes are different, so in the process, I would have to decide where to put some of the buttons.
Can you give me an outline of the process to to do this? I assume that I will be using Remote Master software for the entire process.
Alternately, (as a second method) I could just learn all the buttons on the 15-2116 and then convert this to an upgrade for the 15-2116 remote. Which method, would be easier to do?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I converted your learned commands into an upgrade, which I have loaded here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13814

If you download the RM program, you can use it to open that file which will allow you to change the selected remote and move the buttons around, etc.

You can then add that upgrade to your 15-2116 remote. If you want to use IR.exe, you would copy the code from the Output tab in RM to the Devices tab in IR.exe

Here is a copy of your IR file with the upgrade added:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13817
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do this yourself in RMIR:

- Open your 2014a IR file
- Click VCR
- Click Edit Device
- Pick 2116 from the Remote list
- Go to the Layout tab and drag and drop functions to buttons as desired
- Save As "Ematic 2116"
- Close

- Open your 2116 IR file
- Click VCR
- Click Edit Device
- Open "Ematic 2116"
- OK
- Save and upload to remote

Use RMIR exclusively from now on.
jimdays

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to back up and add 2 buttons to the 15-2104 remote. (You already gave me the ir for this remote- 15-2104a.ir - which when uploaded with ir.exe --works fine. Then I learned the Info button. When opening up the ir.exe. program and downloading the remote and clicking on Learned Signals tab, I see OBC-86, Hex-95,EFC-102. Then I tried to learn in the cc (closed caption) button to the Enter button, after an hour of trying, I failed. I downloaded someones file for Ematic AT103B.rmdu and looked at the cc and saw 4F was on the Function tab. Then I tried to put this information (Info and cc) into Remote Master. You can see this here:
http://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/thislatest111.rmdu
http://files.videohelp.com/u/61125/ab.ir
But after uploading to the remote, the remote no longer worked. All the buttons were completely wrong. I had IR set on the same RDF folder as before.
Fortunately I have the 15-2104a.ir that you sent me and was able to get the remote working again, although without the cc.
I'm afraid I can't do this after two full days of trying. If you want to send me the ir for this remote (15-2104) with the Info and cc (added) that would be useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: