JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What do I need next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lnoland1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
lnoland1 wrote:
tranx wrote:
- or something with a lovely new extender and nice buttons, OARUSB04G?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNIHM5S/

Having recently lost my AR version of the Nevo C2, it looks like I'm in the market for a new remote so I came to the forum looking for pointers. While the Nevo C2 certainly looks like the obvious choice, this caught my eye and the fact that there is an extender for it is attractive. I'm a little concerned about the fact that it is only designed for four devices, however. Given that I've retired my ReplayTVs and I'm in the process of dropping cable, the number of devices in my system is on the wane, but I've still got a lot more than four. Is there a similar remote available with a larger capacity?
Using Shift and XShift, the extender for OARUSB04G increases capacity to twelve devices and six activity/combo modes, each with 10 button-group assignments. Overall it triples the number of available buttons and there are also 15 'Phantom buttons', each with a Shifted and an XShifted form, for each device.

That makes it a lot more attractive. It looks to have a nice layout and 12 devices should cover me nicely. On the other hand, I don't know how excited I am to going back to having to remember which key I programmed where on a bunch of overloaded buttons. I'm getting old -- my memory isn't what it used to be. Heck, one day I'm liable to find my AR remote in the freezer or the garage or some other absurd place where I set it down, "just for a moment".

- Les
lnoland1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
lnoland1 wrote:
tranx wrote:
- or something with a lovely new extender and nice buttons, OARUSB04G?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HNIHM5S/

Having recently lost my AR version of the Nevo C2, it looks like I'm in the market for a new remote so I came to the forum looking for pointers. While the Nevo C2 certainly looks like the obvious choice, this caught my eye and the fact that there is an extender for it is attractive. I'm a little concerned about the fact that it is only designed for four devices, however. Given that I've retired my ReplayTVs and I'm in the process of dropping cable, the number of devices in my system is on the wane, but I've still got a lot more than four. Is there a similar remote available with a larger capacity?

Thanks.

- Les
Whatever you do, don't get the OAR from Amazon. While my last one from there was $10 a couple of weeks ago, they've now gone up to $40. Best Buy has them on clearance for $15. Makes me wonder what new model is on the horizon.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/one-for-all-4-device-universal-remote-black/1731147.p?id=1219061847546&skuId=1731147

Wow. Thanks for the heads up. I do so much shopping at Amazon these days, I probably wouldn't have even looked around.

- Les
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lnoland1 wrote:
...That makes it a lot more attractive. It looks to have a nice layout and 12 devices should cover me nicely. On the other hand, I don't know how excited I am to going back to having to remember which key I programmed where on a bunch of overloaded buttons..."
Me too Smile
Insignia 67100/Intest-422 have more buttons but most extenders are not so easy to use as that for OARUSB04G/URC6440, and more usually two presses of shift are needed for accessing the shifted number buttons - but only one press with OARUSB04G and those are so handy for similar DSM macros (perhaps with numbers on the shifted digits) placed consistently in each device mode to make them more memorable. It is also handy that Shift is by default on the, central, List button with the built-in long press etc. for its other functions, and all buttons can be used for anything. Only $15 'what a steal'!!
lnoland1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
lnoland1 wrote:
...That makes it a lot more attractive. It looks to have a nice layout and 12 devices should cover me nicely. On the other hand, I don't know how excited I am to going back to having to remember which key I programmed where on a bunch of overloaded buttons..."
Me too Smile
Insignia 67100/Intest-422 have more buttons but most extenders are not so easy to use as that for OARUSB04G/URC6440, and more usually two presses of shift are needed for accessing the shifted number buttons - but only one press with OARUSB04G and those are so handy for similar DSM macros (perhaps with numbers on the shifted digits) placed consistently in each device mode to make them more memorable. It is also handy that Shift is by default on the, central, List button with the built-in long press etc. for its other functions, and all buttons can be used for anything. Only $15 'what a steal'!!

"What a steal", indeed. So . . . have you ever thought about going into marketing? Very Happy

- Les
tranx

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing nice one.
That's only a pleasure when you believe in the product, but might have to try it next time around!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: