JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch URC 8603 dead (electronic burned)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed_bracam

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Xsight Touch URC 8603 dead (electronic burned) Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new in the forum and decided to subscribe to share my (bad) experience with the URC8603 Xsight touch.

First I was happy when I bought this remote. There are a lot of functions and the macros are helpful.

I bought it in the local shop FNAC via their website.

After 1 year exactly, the remote had a sudden blackout (with burn smell). The waranty was taken in charge by One For All Netherlands directly (with transportation fees for me). They had no spare an I waited 6 month to get the new one.

6 month after the remote cam back, the remote burned again (same issue as the first time). No remote response and a small 'tic' 'tic' 'tic' from the speaker. As the first time, the reset button and battery sequence didn't worked. They exchanged it again after 6 months of delay.

Beginning of this week (after 2 years without problems but I don't use it a lot), I decided to reprogram it with my new AVR (Maranty SR6009).
I spent 2 hours to update all the macro, improve the sequence.

Suddenly I got a blackout and the burn smell as I did the 2 previous times. Evil or Very Mad
Due to the fact the remote is not under warranty from a long time, I decided to open it to look what happens. First I was impressed by the hardware (Arm 32 bits processor, lot of memory...).
I discover at the bottom of the remote, a white square component burned. I think that it is the reason of the failure but I don't know what is this component and how to repair the remote.

I would like if I'm the only one concerned by this issue and if someone else already solve this problem.

I will try to post some images of the electronic board.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Ed, your pic host had malware. Use another please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: