JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone know how to debug php?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Anyone know how to debug php? Reply with quote

I am trying to move the forum to a new server and am having a problem with the file section. When I moved the forum from iPowerweb to Godaddy a year or so back, it worked without a hitch. Now I want to move it from the legacy host that it's on to one of Godaddy's more modern hosts and I've got the forum working but the file section links don't work and I can't figure out why.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, starting from next week, we'll need to operate without a file section here, if I can't figure out why the file section is not working on the new server.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I barely squeak by with php and sql. A couple years ago when the lookup tool moved to a new server nothing worked either. Every query gave the same results. A syntax change in the php version was my culprit. It was very frustrating!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone through the code and isolated three lines that were causing the screen to go blank for all the file section links. I have commented them out and all seems to be working, but of course, that code wasn't for nothing, so something somewhere is going to be broken.

I have asked for outside help here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33884801/moved-php-forum-to-new-server-and-fsockopen-stopped-working

If you want to experiment on the version of the forum that is on the new server, just replace www. with dev. in the URL.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an answer there right way!

Seeing as how the move takes me from php version 5.2.17 to version 5.4.45, I guess I'll have to check both of these manuals:
http://php.net/manual/en/migration53.php
http://php.net/manual/en/migration54.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: