JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kaonmedia NA1610 on slingbox solo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think MyHarmony has raw learn capability like the old 7.7 software. But newer remotes aren't compatible. Looks like the end of the line.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George, where are you located? If you're willing to be without your Kaon remote for a little while, you could send it to me and I can both download its memory and capture it to confirm what it's sending.

This will either confirm that we've already given you the right bin file and there's some other problem, or we'll get the right code from it.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I missed it, but it seems to me that so far the bin files haven't installed in the Slingbox. The colored buttons aren't enabled.

If the bin file hasn't installed, we have no reason to suspect that the supplied bin file is using an incorrect IR protocol. Conversely even if we are certain of the IR signals, if the corresponding bin file doesn't installed in the Slingbox, it still won't work.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't think MyHarmony has raw learn capability like the old 7.7 software. But newer remotes aren't compatible. Looks like the end of the line.

You are right Crying or Very sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but it seems to me that so far the bin files haven't installed in the Slingbox. The colored buttons aren't enabled.

If the bin file hasn't installed, we have no reason to suspect that the supplied bin file is using an incorrect IR protocol. Conversely even if we are certain of the IR signals, if the corresponding bin file doesn't installed in the Slingbox, it still won't work.

True.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject: USB to TLL Serial Cable Tool Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
3FG wrote:

True.

Hello again.
Now I have the new USB to TTL Serial Cable Adapter Chipset FTDI FT232 computer USB cable.
The cables are available with a 6-way SIL, 0.1" connector
1 - Black
2 - Blue
3 - Red
4 - Green
5 - White
6 - Yellow
Now, all cables have to be connected?
Which program do i need to get the data?
Awaiting for your kind response

Regards,
George
advl3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:46 am    Post subject: Perhaps this may help Reply with quote

Hi all
I have the same remote shown in this photo (extracted from this post):
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img911/8242/WkePMr.jpg
It is also used by the Kaon NA1710 I'm testing now with a Slingbox 500.

NA1600HD binary files do not work: I carefully followed the steps in the tutorial but none of the buttons work. Nevertheless, I have found that if I configure in the Slingbox assistant an ADB remote, most of the buttons work.

In order to configure the ADB remote, in the Slingbox assistant choose:
1)"Cable box"
2) Manufacturer: ADB
3) Model: Other
4) Select "Code1"

As I said, numbers, arrows, OK, "back" and "exit" work OK, but Channel Up and Down don't work.

Perhaps this may help in order to create a .bin file for the NA1610 mentioned in this post...
Georgesling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Perhaps this may help Reply with quote

advl3 wrote:
Hi all

NA1600HD binary files do not work: I carefully followed the steps in the tutorial but none of the buttons work. Nevertheless, I have found that if I configure in the Slingbox assistant an ADB remote, most of the buttons work.

1)"Cable box"
4) Select "Code1"

As I said, numbers, arrows, OK, "back" and "exit" work OK, but Channel Up and Down don't work.

Perhaps this may help in order to create a .bin file for the NA1610 mentioned in this post...

excellent contribution. Thank you ! Very Happy
Georgesling

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Perhaps this may help Reply with quote

advl3 wrote:
Hi all

1)"Cable box"
4) Select "Code1"

Very Happy Very goog contribution. perhaps a final contribution of the masters with .bin file solve the problem of Button 7 and channel up and down doesn't work.
chuliu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://tinyurl.com/z4aajvy
This is a comparison I made which compares the signal from adb code 1 and that from Rob's 1610 upgrade. As you can see, I made a check value below for the two signal marking those with difference larger than 20msec with value 1 and smaller with 0. Only the last bit is larger than 20 msec. I assume they are not significantly different. I think the two signals are almost indentical to each other and it is very strange if the remote upgrade made by Rob is not working on the device.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks.

George, perhaps you and the other user didn't upload the bin correctly. If not, why the color buttons are grayed out?
advl3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:10 am    Post subject: Binary file for Kaon 1710 Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14050

I created this bin file based on the bin for the ADB 3800 remote available in http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8669. It succesfully works on a Kaon 1710 (including Channel Up and Down) and could work on a Kaon 1600.
See description for button mapping, as the remote shown in Slingbox player is the generic one.
Georgesling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/z4aajvy
This is a comparison I made which compares the signal from adb code 1 and that from Rob's 1610 upgrade. As you can see, I made a check value below for the two signal marking those with difference larger than 20msec with value 1 and smaller with 0. Only the last bit is larger than 20 msec. I assume they are not significantly different. I think the two signals are almost indentical to each other and it is very strange if the remote upgrade made by Rob is not working on the device.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Thanks.

George, perhaps you and the other user didn't upload the bin correctly. If not, why the color buttons are grayed out?

Dear Chuliu
I did it 2 times without success. It is not the first time I do this. Regards, George
Georgesling

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Binary file for Kaon 1710 Reply with quote

advl3 wrote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14050

I created this bin file based on the bin for the ADB 3800 remote available in http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8669. It succesfully works on a Kaon 1710 (including Channel Up and Down) and could work on a Kaon 1600.
See description for button mapping, as the remote shown in Slingbox player is the generic one.

Dear advl3

I will try and return with my comments

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: