JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Code for Channel Master CM9521A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brucegl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Remote Code for Channel Master CM9521A Reply with quote

Hi - I have a Slingbox Pro HD connected to an outside antenna. The antenna mast has a CM9521A rotator system (purchased in 2012). The control unit inside the house can also be operated by an ir remote which came with the system. I would like to be able to rotate the antenna while away from the house too.

Has such a code been created to rotate the antenna when away from home? From what little I have found, the only Channel Master codes are for their tuner and DVR devices.

If not, can you create one?

Thanks,
Bruce
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this ?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13554
brucegl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
How about this ?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13554

Thank you very much Smile

I've downloaded the file, and uploaded the .bin file to the box.

Unfortunately, I won't have a chance to test it out until my next visit to the vacation home, which won't be until late October, since that's where the antenna is, and I'll have to line up the IR emitter with the antenna control unit at that time Sad I'll do my best to advise you how it went at that time.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
brucegl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: Success with the Channelmaster rotor remote Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
OK

I had a new outside antenna and Channelmaster rotor installed at my primary home earlier this week, and applied the .bin remote to the Slingbox HD Pro at the primary home. Success! Yes, the generic remote pops up, but all unnecessary buttons (playback, etc.) are grayed out.

I expect to have a similar success story at the vacation home when I spend the last weekend of October there.

Many thanks, Alan Very Happy
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, glad I could help.
brucegl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Camera to connect to S-Video port on a Slingbox HD-Pro Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
Good, glad I could help.

I was at the vacation home at the end of October and had similar success with the IR Slingbox remote for the antenna rotor there. Thanks again Very Happy

This is probably not the correct forum to ask for suggestions on video cameras to hook up to the S-Video port on the HD-Pro, but I'd like to have something I can point to the rotor controller to see/confirm in which direction the antenna is pointed. Can you offer camera suggestions and/or other forums appropriate for me to post my question?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afraid not, I only understand Custom Remotes Very Happy

Al
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera to connect to S-Video port on a Slingbox HD-Pro Reply with quote

brucegl wrote:
This is probably not the correct forum to ask for suggestions on video cameras to hook up to the S-Video port on the HD-Pro, but I'd like to have something I can point to the rotor controller to see/confirm in which direction the antenna is pointed. Can you offer camera suggestions and/or other forums appropriate for me to post my question?

Could you do something with a DVR security system? There is a 4-camera 8-channel system on ebay right now for $99 shipped. This model can be hooked up to an ethernet port and you can stream the video over the net.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121460374994

The $99 model comes without a hard drive, so you need to buy that separately.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111769558297
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: