JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung 360 Discrete Power Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deh_2k4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Samsung 360 Discrete Power Codes Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was told by a member on AVSForum that there might be someone here that could help me to get discrete on/off power codes for the new Samsung 360 DTV receiver.

I was told that the JP1 forum has utilities that could convert a code into usable hex-code for a Pronto NG.

I was hoping that someone might have already done this and could help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is "360" all there is to the model number? So far, the only HDTV boxes we have codes for are the SIR-T150, SIR-T151, SIR-TS160 and SIR-TS165, so you see the model numbers we're used to seeing are a completely different format to the one you quoted.

Do you know if this model even supports discretes? If you have heard that it does, do you have the codes in any format?

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, recently in the AVS Forum/Remote Controls someone reported that the discrete power commands from the SIRT-T160 worked. If so the classic Pronto hex commands are in this thread

While a number of us here understand the classic Pronto encoding scheme and can decode Pronto commands, how to convert "classic Pronto hex" to the NG is probably better answered in the NG forum at RC. I think you do it in whatever software comes with the NG, but I don't know the steps.

Now if you want to put those commands in an OFA remote, it's really easy...
deh_2k4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help guys!

Generally speaking, classic Pronto Hex code works fine in NG. So far, I've had 100% success in coverting classic remote files and/or using just the IR Hex. I have seen users discussing times when it doesn't work, but I haven't had any problems.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:

While a number of us here understand the classic Pronto encoding scheme and can decode Pronto commands, how to convert "classic Pronto hex" to the NG is probably better answered in the NG forum at RC. I think you do it in whatever software comes with the NG, but I don't know the steps.

The NG software looks very much like ProntoEdit. So far as I know, all of its display and entry of IR codes are in Pronto Hex. It never displays its internal format nor accepts entry in its internal format. It translates (with annoying bugs) all hex input from Pronto Hex to internal and translates back for redisplay.

There has been discussion of that internal format in the NG group and several people (including me) have made crude starts at programs to manipulate that format. But so far as I know, none of that is at a practical level yet.

So for NG remotes, classic Pronto hex is the best you can do. Usually the translator built into the edit program works. Otherwise you're pretty much out of luck.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it from that thread that the complete model number for this DTV box is SIR-TS360. Do we know if they TS360 responds to the same code set as the TS160?

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is SIR-TS360 and at the very bottom of this thread (right under your response Smile ) it looks like the commands are close.

I believe it is the replacement for the SIR-TS160. I think most of the commands are the same for the SIR-TXXX series, BUT, AFAIK only the DirecTV receivers have been confirmed to have discrete power commands in the older SIR-T1XX series.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just created a KM file for the TS360 based on codes found in a CCF file.

I also created a spreadsheet that cross-references all the functions for the T150, 151, 160, 165 and 360.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm awaiting the arrival of my SIR-TS151 Very Happy (without an OEM remote Sad ) and have located the upgrade file for this unit HERE Very Happy , the list of advanced codes HERE Very Happy and this spreadsheet Shocked further lists other things for me to try (I gather the discrete on/off don't work with this unit, but I'll certainly try Confused ).

Here's my question. I have a RS 15-1994 with extender 5 and have almost NO upgrade space left, but a bit of KeyMove space. Does anybody know if the 15-1994 has the appropriate Device Code built-in? And what it is? Is VIDACC/1190 or VIDACC/1276 resident in the remote? Is there any other 1994 built-in code that has the right parameters (NEC1 protocol, Main Dev 9, Sub Dev 9, Parm 31) that I can use as a basis for keymoves?

If not the 1994, how about the 2117? Rolling Eyes (my backup plan)

Follow-up question. Would including this in my Device Combiner upgrade (currently combining 2 devices) necessarily increase the size of the Device Combiner protocol upgrade more than a standalone device upgrade would? Confused {I know, I should just do it and see, but I'm asking for gut feel from you experienced guys Wink }
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I'm awaiting the arrival of my SIR-TS151 Very Happy (without an OEM remote Sad )

Umm, smells like an eBay deal to me! Smile

Capn Trips wrote:
I gather the discrete on/off don't work with this unit, but I'll certainly try Confused

You wouldn't be a true JP1er if you didn't at least try them, but I think you can pretty much guarantee that they won't work.

Capn Trips wrote:
Here's my question. I have a RS 15-1994 with extender 5 and have almost NO upgrade space left, but a bit of KeyMove space.

Well, my advice would be to first go through everything that you have loaded and determine what you really need. The thing with JP1 is that it enables you to do so much that alot of people do things just because they're "cool" or "fun" and next thing you know, you've run out of memory. The 15-1994 is only a 7 device remote, so I'm curious as to how you managed to use up all of the memory, especially with an extender as that frees up so much extra memory. A good housekeeping will usually reveal some things that you can probably live without and will hopefully free up enough memory to slide in a small upgrade for your Samsung HDTV box. The good news is that Sammy uses the regular NEC protocol, so you won't need a protocol upgrade, and if you don't assign too many buttons to the upgrade, it won't be that big. Tell me you can't find 20 bytes in the upgrade section that are not really needed.

Capn Trips wrote:
Does anybody know if the 15-1994 has the appropriate Device Code built-in? And what it is? Is VIDACC/1190 or VIDACC/1276 resident in the remote? Is there any other 1994 built-in code that has the right parameters (NECx2 protocol, Main Dev 9, Sub Dev 9) that I can use as a basis for keymoves?

Nope, sorry, you're gonna have to use an upgrade. Time to get the dustpan and mop and start housecleaning!!! Smile

Capn Trips wrote:

Yes, this remote has the VIDACC/1190 code.

Capn Trips wrote:
Follow-up question. Would including this in my Device Combiner upgrade (currently combining 2 devices) necessarily increase the size of the Device Combiner protocol upgrade more than a standalone device upgrade would? Confused {I know, I should just do it and see, but I'm asking for gut feel from you experienced guys Wink }

It shouldn't increase it by much, maybe 5 or 6 bytes.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
I'm awaiting the arrival of my SIR-TS151 Very Happy (without an OEM remote Sad )

Umm, smells like an eBay deal to me! Smile

Your sense of smell is impeccable. It's amazing the deals you find when the listing isn't in the "right" category! Wink

The Robman wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
I gather the discrete on/off don't work with this unit, but I'll certainly try Confused

You wouldn't be a true JP1er if you didn't at least try them, but I think you can pretty much guarantee that they won't work.

Yeah, but do I need to ToadTog this? ...or should I just leave it on?

The Robman wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
Here's my question. I have a RS 15-1994 with extender 5 and have almost NO upgrade space left, but a bit of KeyMove space.

I'm curious as to how you managed to use up all of the memory, especially with an extender as that frees up so much extra memory. . .

The extender actually frees NO additional upgrade memory, only additional Keymove/Macro memory - of which I have PLENTY! The extender itself, with it's special protocols and devices (ToadTog, LKP - I deleted the rest), two complex Pioneer devices (DVD/LD player and HTS receiver) requiring device upgrades (and one protocol upgrade), NEC Plasma (device and protocol u/g), as well as the Device Combiner (to solve my duration problem on my Dish PVR) eats up the upgrade memory pretty effectively! Crying or Very sad Some of these upgrade were in the 60-70 byte range. Shocked

The Robman wrote:
The good news is that Sammy uses the regular NEC protocol, so you won't need a protocol upgrade, and if you don't assign too many buttons to the upgrade, it won't be that big. Tell me you can't find 20 bytes in the upgrade section that are not really needed.

You got me there - I figured the 43 bytes I had left would be insufficient, but the SIR-T151 upgrade is only 24 bytes with all buttons assigned, Embarassed so there's really no problem Very Happy

The Robman wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:

Yes, this remote has the VIDACC/1190 code.

I'll probably mess around with this one too. Thanks.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
The Robman wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:

I'm curious as to how you managed to use up all of the memory, especially with an extender as that frees up so much extra memory. . .

The extender actually frees NO additional upgrade memory, only additional Keymove/Macro memory - of which I have PLENTY! The extender itself, with it's special protocols and devices (ToadTog, LKP - I deleted the rest), two complex Pioneer devices (DVD/LD player and HTS receiver) requiring device upgrades (and one protocol upgrade), NEC Plasma (device and protocol u/g), as well as the Device Combiner (to solve my duration problem on my Dish PVR) eats up the upgrade memory pretty effectively! Crying or Very sad Some of these upgrade were in the 60-70 byte range. Shocked

It was a slow afternoon and my recollection of the NEC Plasma's were that they didn't have many keys and I did some investigation. I don't know how many keys of the NEC Plasma upgrade that's in the files that you assigned, but just for comparison purposes, assuming you used it as is, here is the "byte math."

The upgrade in the files is a total of 135 bytes.

You could do the exactly same thing with a regular device upgrade for NEC1:24.34 with 19 keys (26 Bytes), a no key upgrade for NEC1:24 (6 bytes) and then keymove the twelve NEC1:24 commands (60 bytes), for a total of 92 bytes. In addition you would free up 103 bytes of upgrade memory.

There may even be a more clever way to save some bytes using some of the extender features, but I think when you have plenty of space then adding combo protocols is fine. But many combo protocols are double byte protocols and, unless the protocol is built in, then the protocol upgrade itself must be added, so they can get big pretty fast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: