JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sharp LC-32LB370U (LCDTV)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phargrov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject: Sharp LC-32LB370U (LCDTV) Reply with quote

1. Device: Sharp LC-32LB370U
2. Type of device: LCD TV
3. Year: 2015
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast "Silver with Red OK/Select" ("JP1.3" on PCB)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes ("LC-RC1-16" if that helps)
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, TV/0093 + keymoves from TV/0688
10. Learning remote question? not a learning remote
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, 95% complete

I have a brand new Sharp LC-32LB370U and a fairly old Comcast remote which takes 5-digit setup codes and 5-digit EFCs.

I know this is a non-learning remote, since Setup+975 yields a "long blink" instead of two short ones.

My attempt to enter setup code 10688 gave a "long blink", which I understand to mean that setup code is not known to the remote.

However, I was able to use 10093 to get Power, Menu, Vol and Ch functions, among others.
I was then able to use info on this site (both the lookup tool and the advanced codes listing) to enter keymoves to "morph" the 0093 setup as close to the 0688 as I could. Just getting the arrows, ENTER and INPUT working meant I could use the multi-function remote for almost everything I needed.

I am 95% there, but there are still functions I desire on the original remote that I have not been able to get to work using any of the EFCs I could find here.

If somebody has complete EFCs for this device, that would be great.
Otherwise I am in particular need of "EXIT" and "INFO*".

I almost have "EXIT" as EFC 00109, but it only exits from the setup Menu, not from the Info display or the Input menu (while the EXIT key on the original remote exits from all three). That is really not terribly valuable, since MENU (which I do have) exits from the setup Menu as well as entering it.

I don't have a working EFC for "INFO*" at all, even after trying every "INFO" or "DISPLAY" (or anything similar) I could find on this site with the Sharp protocol or any association with setup codes 0093 or 0688.

-Paul
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I popped open a few upgrades in our file section. It would seem that with setup code TV/0093 these EFCs would be a good bet.
00052 Exit
00119 Info
00204 Display

Please note that many of the newer Sharp upgrades use a Sharp/Combo to shoot different device codes Sharp 1, 17, and 30. The Dennon Combo can shoot any of these codes, you just need to plug the values into Remotemaster to calculate new 5 digit EFCs to work with setup code TV/1602
phargrov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003,

Thanks for the rapid reply.
As I indicated, I tried everything I could find for TV/0093 and TV/0688.
Your suggestions for Info and Display were among those I tried w/o success.
However, the 00052 EFC for Exit works perfectly from all three contexts - thanks for that!

In response to your mention of the Denon Combo, I tried see if I can get anywhere starting from TV/1602. Before applying any keymoves it provides correct Arrows and Enter, which TV/0093 did not. However, I am without MENU, INPUT, EXIT and INFO. The Lookup tool provided working EFCs for INPUT and EXIT, but leaves me without MENU and INFO.

So, a switch to TV/1602 means a net loss of MENU and still no INFO.
Suggestions on how to make progress on either the Sharp(TV/0093) or Denon(TV/1602) fronts are welcome.
Since this remote allows me to use the AUX device key for a second TV, I am pursuing both concurrently.

Since I don't have a JP1 cable I don't (yet) know much of anything about Remotemaster or the other s/w associated with it. However, unless I am missing something, there is no RM for Mac OS, is there?

-Paul
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phargrov wrote:

In response to your mention of the Denon Combo, I tried see if I can get anywhere starting from TV/1602. Before applying any keymoves it provides correct Arrows and Enter, which TV/0093 did not. However, I am without MENU, INPUT, EXIT and INFO. The Lookup tool provided working EFCs for INPUT and EXIT, but leaves me without MENU and INFO.

So, a switch to TV/1602 means a net loss of MENU and still no INFO.
Suggestions on how to make progress on either the Sharp(TV/0093) or Denon(TV/1602) fronts are welcome.
Since this remote allows me to use the AUX device key for a second TV, I am pursuing both concurrently.

Yeah it does mean more work needs to be done, but the advantages are that it will shoot some signals that you can't get from the straight Sharp 1 device. It looks like everything you are going to need is going to be found on Sharp 1 though, so it really doesn't matter.

Quote:

Since I don't have a JP1 cable I don't (yet) know much of anything about Remotemaster or the other s/w associated with it. However, unless I am missing something, there is no RM for Mac OS, is there?

-Paul

I know that in RMIR's subdirectory there are Linux and Mac subdirectories along with the Windows folders. So I know some versions of RMIR support it. It seems to me development happens under windows, and then when they are ready to release, they ask someone with java development tools under a MAC to compile something or other.

There are lots of advantages to using RemoteMaster even without a cable. It allows you to recalculate and decode EFCs for different executors so you can move from a combo. It also allows you to open upgrades from our file section.

BTW: Does the Info button happen to be on a color button? I'm not finding a lot of upgrades with an Info button label.
phargrov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

I was able to find a working EFC for MENU in the Lookup Tool under a Denon/Combo setup code TV/0818.

So, at the moment I can start from TV/0093 or TV/1602 and end up at the same place: lacking only an EFC for the INFO key.

The TV/1602 based setup required only 3 keymoves vs. 8 with TV/0093.
If my remote supported TV/0688 it would probably fall between those two.

I am still hoping somebody can help out with the INFO key.

When all is done I [i]will[/i] post the complete sets of keymoves I applied on top of each of the setup codes for archival purposes.

-Paul
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Info key on a color key? The reason I ask, is I'm not finding many upgrades with an info function listed.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh never mind the color code question, I finally found another setup that uses a different code for info.

Try momentarily setting the setup code to
TV/1602
and testing EFC
43500 Info

If this works, setup a keymove, and then switch back to the setup code you are currently using. Keymoves remember the setup code that was in use when they were setup.

BTW don't blindly go doing a brute force EFC test on Sharp TV's, they have an EVIL K mode that Displays a Large K on the screen that is very difficult to turn off again.
phargrov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
There are lots of advantages to using RemoteMaster even without a cable. It allows you to recalculate and decode EFCs for different executors so you can move from a combo. It also allows you to open upgrades from our file section.

OK, sounds like I need to read more on this site to learn about RM.
I had assumed it was not relevant to me because I wasn't trying to do more than find a setup code plus keymoves.

vickyg2003 wrote:
TV/1602
and testing EFC
43500 Info

Nope, 43500 does not work, nor do 59874 or 59789 found as "Info/display" in the Lookup Tool.

Thanks,
-Paul
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/1602
and testing EFC
43310 Info
phargrov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
TV/1602
and testing EFC
43310 Info

That worked! I now have enough to allow me to put the OEM remote in a drawer!
Summary appears at end of this post.
Thanks a bunch.

My next "mission" is to find EFCs for the discrete input selects instead of selecting from the on-screen list.
I know they exist because I found one of them in the process of testing probable EFCs for EXIT (for the TV/0093 setup code).
If you can "teach a man to fish" I'd like to know how to find this information on my own - pointer to the right documentation and/or downloads would be ideal.
I am guessing I need to install and learn RM so I can extract EFCs from the upgrades in the files section.
A link to the upgrade that provided "43310 Info" would probably be a good starting point, too.

Thanks again,
-Paul

OPTION #1:
Setup code: TV/1602 "Denon Combo (Official)"
Additional EFCs for functions which did not work initially:
Code:
INPUT     59890
EXIT      59893
MENU      59710
INFO*     43310

OPTION #2:
Setup code: TV/0093 "Sharp1"
Additional EFCs taken directly from TV/0688, which my remote lacks:
Code:
ENTER   053
LEFT    055
RIGHT   057
UP      093
DOWN    226

Additional EFCs for functions not found in TV/0688:
Code:
EXIT     052
INFO*    Still unknown at this time

Option #3 (untested)
If your remote knows setup code TV/0688 then you probably just need a subset of the EFCs shown in Option #2, above.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, all PC shut down instead of hibernated, so I have no idea what I was working on here. I looked in a lot of upgrades.

I popped open a few again, and here are some ideas for possible input commands.

Are your inputs in these lists?

43316 tv analog a
43444 tv analog b
43300 tv digital
59798 input 1 component 1
59734 input 2 component 2
59862 input 3 svideo
59785 input 4 hdmi
43272 input 5 dvi

59766 Input1
59894 Input2
59862 Input3
59889 Input4
43272 Input5
43312 Input6
43411 Input7
43475 Input8
59890 InputNext
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll need to know which setup codes those EFCs go with.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV/1602

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
phargrov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
He'll need to know which setup codes those EFCs go with.

Not a problem really - TV/1602 was the only setup code discussed in the thread which used full 5-digit EFCs.

vickyg2003 wrote:
Are your inputs in these lists?

Thanks for the fish when I was expecting just a rod and reel.

Here are the inputs as they appear in the on-screen menu along with the corresponding EFCs obtained from the first group in the list you provided:

Code:
TV             ?????
HDMI1          59798
HDMI2          59734
HDMI3          59862
AV             43272
USB (Photos)   ?????

As you can see none of the codes you gave worked for the first or last inputs.
However, I don't use those two and thus now have all I need for my own use.
I am, however, perfectly willing to continue testing proposed EFCs for things I don't personally need.
I did confirm that the TV is not set to block/ignore selection of inputs with nothing connected - in fact HDMI3 worked though nothing is connected there.

FWIW: 59890 (InputNext on your list) maps to "Input", showing the Inputs menu.

Thanks,
-Paul
phargrov

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

43272 appears to mean "AV/Component"
However, I have a Composite input (TV uses shared connectors).
The result is that I get a grey scale image when using 43272 to select an input.
The on-screen doesn't make a Component/Composite distinction, just offering a single "AV".

So, I am still missing an "AV/Composite" EFC.

-Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: