JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Neutrino infrared dongle viability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEC1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Neutrino infrared dongle viability Reply with quote

Some you may have heard about the Neutrino, a scaled down compatible version of the Arduino Zero.
A desirable characteristic is that it has low power features, and its high speed makes it viable for infrared remote control use, either via USB (even On-The-Go, especially if made more compact for a dongle), or an audio interface with commands to set carrier frequency, sleep, wake up etc.
I believe that handling of infrared carrier frequencies up to 455kHz (either transmission or learning) is possible with the Arduino Zero or compatible, whereas a number of low-cost infrared dongles only support 38kHz carrier transmission - Sony (40kHz) or Philips (36kHz) devices typically have degraded reception performance when used with a 38kHz carrier.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you again! Cool

There are several 32 bit stamp size boards around, even Arduino compatible. In my shelf I have one Teensy 3.1 that has not seen power yet...

It strikes me that the GPIO pins are limited to 7mA (just as with the Zero), which (probably) prohibits connecting a sender IR Led directly without a driver transistor. For a dongle-type design, this is definitely a drawback. (E.g. the Nano supplies 40mA.) Also, the in this forum popular sensor QSE15* does not accept to be feed with 3.3 V (according to specs). But that is probably not an issue, since (e.g.) TSMP58000 is probably a better solution, which is 3.3V compatible.

BTW, please check out my Arduino-IR work on Github. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: