JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR and Nevo C2 - how to get started?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: RMIR and Nevo C2 - how to get started? Reply with quote

I figured I might as well see what I've been missing for the past two years, so I picked up a Nevo C2 on ebay. I connected it to the EZ website and loaded in all my devices, then I connected it back to the PC and tried to download it using RMIR but it says "no remotes found".

I read the first post in this thread to see if I needed to add a driver or something, and it doesn't look like I do, but I'm probably missing something simple. Any ideas?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try to pick Comm HID interface in RMIR.

Do a F/W update on EZ as well, or the remote will misbehave after using RMIR.

Lastly, you must have the latest RMIR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looked like it updated the firmware when I connected it to EZ and added all the devices. Is that what you mean or do I need to do something else?

RMIR is "RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24 Test 8"

I hadn't noticed the CommHID option before, so I selected that, then tried both "HID" and "Auto Detect" on the next screen but still get the "no remotes found" message.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
RMIR is "RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 24 Test 8"

That is ancient Rolling Eyes . Please see the first post in this thread for link to the current version.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version says v2.03 build 8 also, but no "alpha", but anyway, I now have the current version but same results
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The latest version says v2.03 build 8 also, but no "alpha", but anyway, I now have the current version but same results

The builds are revisions of the final release. The Alphas, with various Test numbers, were all pre-release. There is a vast difference between them. All final release builds include the full set of RDFs as part of the release. The behaviour you are getting suggests that you do not have the Nevo C2 RDF in your RDF folder. Because of the way that RMIR works with XSights and their clones, absence of the RDF gives a "No remotes found!" message rather than saying that no RDF is found for signature xxx. You did install the full version of RMIR v2.03 build 8, not the upgrade, didn't you? If you only installed the upgrade, you will not have got the Nevo RDF.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham, that did it, it's working now.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered that the Nevo uses an S3F8 processor, which is great news, I had assumed it used a MAXQ610.
jonwz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob, figured this would be a better place to discuss Nevo programming (than at Replaytv on AVS).

Are you going to try and set up activities and assists?

Ideally, I'd like for everything to be activity driven, with included assists to fix any lost steps. Then I'd like each final screen to have soft key for "Button:Activity" to get back to the activity screen.

Will probably take me a hundred hours of trial and error, but I'm doing this mostly for my elderly mom's setup.

Although I was able to start with the EZ wizard, now that I've updated with RMIR, the easy wizard fails back to it's login screen.

Thanks for all your work over the years - Jon
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only connected to EZ once, just to get the device upgrades. I did start an activity at EZ but will customize it in RMIR.

The first thing I did in RMIR was to go through each of the device upgrades and remove any functions that aren't really on my device (for example, they think that my TV has discrete codes, which it doesn't) and then add in any missing functions (like CA and Zones for ReplayTV).

I am currently trying to get the first Activity macro working. I hit a snag with my RCA VH920 video selector because it requires a custom protocol which extends the duration of the signals, which the UEI version doesn't have. So I have added that and confirmed that the device upgrade itself works, but so far, the input select in the macro isn't working.

That's as far as I got because I got distracted updating my main remote's profile (see here).
jonwz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Nevo C2 raw file after fail. Reply with quote

Posted this

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13590

in case it might help improve RMIR
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: