JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR, TiVo Protocol and URC-8080B01 = EPIC Fail
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I never noticed that, I will have to check it out tomorrow. But that shouldn't be too hard to sync up.
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
ncoiq, I suppose that the Advanced entry for the 740 is also correct, so try this Tivo (Advanced) upgrade which I know works for S3F80 remotes.

I didn't come here for help because I didn't try all the available options! This one doesn't work, either. Smile At all. Some of the others issue commands BOTH TiVo's would respond to with the same button press, but this one is unloved on all accounts.

3FG wrote:
I built an upgrade for the RCRP05B (a S3F80 remote-- like the 7820), and captured the resulting signals to verify that the upgrade works. Then I changed the remote type to 8080B01, and have uploaded the upgrade for testing.

THIS, however, works like a champ!

Thank you!

-N
ncoig

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

[....]
Now, the problem that Neil is having
[....]

Hi Rob!

-N
ncoig

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:

I was in the process of uploading my device upgrade files for this to share with the community (derived from the test file created above) when I ran into something else that I can't ascertain the root of. I had added both TiVo units and all was seemingly okay, I then proceeded to add in my remaining devices for this room, code my macros, uploaded and BOOM. Nothing worked. The Commands issued by the TiVo button appeared short, and didn't hold with a keypress.

This is the RMIR file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13497

I noticed the file had a protocol it seemed to add all by itself... Which was odd... I tried all manner of deleting items, macros, devices, etc. to no avail. Finally, I started over with a new clean RMIR file, added devices one at a time until I figured out that the NVR device seemed to bring things to a halt. At the same time, I noticed that every device, when editing and looking at "Available Functions" map, was common to the TiVo devices, rather than the functions particular to that device. I don't have a clue what's going on here, but I'm about to jettison this god-forsaken 8080 into the lake!

Here's the file which will issue a valid command on PLAY and PAUSE on the TiVos - most of the rest are all botched up.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13498

Is this a processor issue again, or something more insidious to this unit?

-N

Last edited by ncoig on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
You were correct: Tivo (Advanced) and Tivo (Official) take identical fixed and variable data. Instead protocols.ini was incorrect. This was noted in 2008, but apparently the fix didn't end up in released versions of protocols.ini. I've committed a revised version of protocols.ini to SourceForge.

ncoig,
I'm sorry, but I know nothing about this class of remote, so I have no comment on your findings.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
I've committed a revised version of protocols.ini to SourceForge

... and I have issued build 8 of RMIR v2.03 that includes this revision.
ncoig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
ncoig wrote:

I was in the process of uploading my device upgrade files for this to share with the community (derived from the test file created above) when I ran into something else that I can't ascertain the root of. I had added both TiVo units and all was seemingly okay, I then proceeded to add in my remaining devices for this room, code my macros, uploaded and BOOM. Nothing worked. The Commands issued by the TiVo button appeared short, and didn't hold with a keypress.

This is the RMIR file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13497

I noticed the file had a protocol it seemed to add all by itself... Which was odd... I tried all manner of deleting items, macros, devices, etc. to no avail. Finally, I started over with a new clean RMIR file, added devices one at a time until I figured out that the NVR device seemed to bring things to a halt. At the same time, I noticed that every device, when editing and looking at "Available Functions" map, was common to the TiVo devices, rather than the functions particular to that device. I don't have a clue what's going on here, but I'm about to jettison this god-forsaken 8080 into the lake!

Here's the file which will issue a valid command on PLAY and PAUSE on the TiVos - most of the rest are all botched up.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13498

Is this a processor issue again, or something more insidious to this unit?

-N

I don't suppose any of the wizards here have had a peek at these, hmm?

(sheepishly shuffles feet)

-N
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:

The URC-8080BC1 is not a remote I know anything about, sorry.
ncoig

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
ncoig wrote:

The URC-8080BC1 is not a remote I know anything about, sorry.

'tis okay.

I've looked at it, and it's not evident to me what the difference is in the PLAY and PAUSE keys and the rest of the buttons that would cause the discrepancy, other than the fact that the second byte on the PLAY and PAUSE are different from the rest of the transport buttons. I also note that on my other remotes' configurations, the HEX field contains only a single byte.

I re-uploaded to the remote after the Build 8 update to RMIR, and I'm assuming because the protocol showed as the new one in the device upgrade that there were no steps I needed to take to further update that?

Otherwise, my only clue is that the two-byte command must not be working as intended?

If any one knows who the person/people who included this remote, I'd appreciate the pointer -- perhaps they can offer some advice on the uploaded file.

-N
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: