JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Bug with Nevo C2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ncoig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: RMIR Bug with Nevo C2 Reply with quote

I have what I believe to be a bug in RMIR when handling Activities for a C2.

If you reorder the Activities ("Move Left" or "Move Right") RMIR appears to just move the label of the underlying activity without moving the Group assignments or the actual activity...

Very confusing at first as to what was going on, but this happened with two separate configuration files.

Has anyone else seen this?

-N
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened an existing file to check this out. In that file, I saw evidence that this had happened to me in the past. I remembered swamping the order of 2 adjacent activities and I see that the name swapped, but the definition did not.

However, I tried swapping them back and everything swapped. I tried 2 other activities and everything swapped as expected. So, I suspect that this bug has been fixed. I am currently running build 8. What version are you using?
ncoig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
I opened an existing file to check this out. In that file, I saw evidence that this had happened to me in the past. I remembered swamping the order of 2 adjacent activities and I see that the name swapped, but the definition did not.

However, I tried swapping them back and everything swapped. I tried 2 other activities and everything swapped as expected. So, I suspect that this bug has been fixed. I am currently running build 8. What version are you using?

2.03, B 8.

If you do the swap, it appears to be correct at the time you make the move. Save the file, close RMIR and re-open, and the entirety of the config is botched.

-N
ncoig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:

2.03, B 8.

If you do the swap, it appears to be correct at the time you make the move. Save the file, close RMIR and re-open, and the entirety of the config is botched.

-N

I should also note that I don't know if you upload the config BEFORE closing if it's correct - I think may be, because I didn't notice errors at initial testing, it wasn't until later when I realized everything was all buggered as far as the order and what it SAID it was sending and what it WAS.

-N
ncoig

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another wrinkle, it appears that the Activity Group Assignments do move, along with the name, it's only the Activity Macro portion that disassociates and stays put in its previous slot.

-N

Last edited by ncoig on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:
Another wrinkle, it appears that the Activity Group Assignments do move, along with the name, it's only the Activity Macro portion that disassociates and stays put in it's previous slot.

I will look into this, but am busy with other things at the moment so am not sure when it will be.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can confirm. If you move an activity, it looks like all is well. Save the file, then reopen, you see that the macro definition didn't move.

I also verified that you are right:

1) make the move (activities look correct)
2) upload to remote (the remote works correctly as you changed it)
3) Save the file
4) Restart RMIR
5) Reload your file (the macro is now in the wrong activity)
6) Upload again to the remote and it is working incorrectly
ncoig

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
ncoig wrote:
Another wrinkle, it appears that the Activity Group Assignments do move, along with the name, it's only the Activity Macro portion that disassociates and stays put in it's previous slot.

I will look into this, but am busy with other things at the moment so am not sure when it will be.

If it ever gets looked at, it will be soon enough. Smile

I think I can contend with a workaround for the time being by just saving them in the wrong (natural) order, then saving and making the moves before upload, then NOT saving. I'm hoping that will work.

-N
ncoig

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncoig wrote:

I think I can contend with a workaround for the time being by just saving them in the wrong (natural) order, then saving and making the moves before upload, then NOT saving. I'm hoping that will work.

Well, since I didn't have a previously-saved version I had to work backwards and correct the mess I made with the activity order. It's a bit like a Rubik's cube in that when you move one, the other's don't stay where they were. But, after a fair amount of "shuffle-one, save, re-open" I got back to where I started.

The proposed workaround above does work once that is in place.

-N
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

Just thought I would bump this to see if you have had a chance to look yet.
jonwz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
ncoig wrote:

Hi RMIR newbie here. When you get a chance to look at this, consider an interface quirk that drove me crazy:

Throughout RMIR, mutiple instances of devices, functions, buttons... are listed
But the activities aren't listed, just indicated by additional tabs above. That's fine, but when I saw the "1" in the "#" column, after having created a few activities in the EZ wizard, I couldn't figure out what happened to the other activities. Took me a while to realize that the # column was meaningless and I needed to look at the tabs above. Would it be easy to get rid of the "#" column for "Activity Functions"?

Thanks for this great new version of JP1.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
mathdon wrote:

Just thought I would bump this to see if you have had a chance to look yet.

Better late than never, I hope. This is now fixed in RMIR v2.03 build 10.

jonwz wrote:
Would it be easy to get rid of the "#" column for "Activity Functions"?

All tables in RMIR have a common structure, starting with a column to number the entries. I know this is a table that only ever has one entry, but I'm not sure that removing the numbering column would lessen your initial confusion. You would still see an obvious table structure with only one entry. What would probably help is displaying the information in some form other than a table, but that would be much more difficult. I did think about trying to do so when I first added activity support to RMIR but in the end I decided that a one-entry table was the way that best fitted the structure of RMIR, as well as being the easiest one to implement.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that the bug (the original topic) is fixed in build 10. You have done amazing work on RMIR and it is very much appreciated. I never bother wasting my time in documenting a bug in most applications, especially those that have "Microsoft" in their name. I see bugs that I consider critical going unfixed for years. On the other hand, thanks to you and everyone that has contributed here, things JP1 get fixed amazingly rapidly. Thanks again for all your effort.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this as a separate response, since it just extends that hijack of this thread started by jonwz. I think the comment about eliminating the # column detracts from his original point. When clicking on the "Activities" main tab he expected to see a table, one line for each activity, like this:

I admit that each time I click on "Activities" I expect this also, since it would be consistent with everywhere else in RMIR. I understand that the problem is that there is a concept of the "current" Activity maintained by the tabs that would be problematic if done as a table.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: