JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia 67100 knockoffs with different keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
utmba95

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Insignia 67100 knockoffs with different keys Reply with quote

Hi, I bought an Insignia 67100 knock off and realized the button names aren't the same as the original remote which makes it confusing to program. What do people do in this circumstance? I assume I could modify the 3X473X47 (Insignia Remote 67100 Extender V3.03).rdf file to make it match my remote, but then I'll have to manually install it each time I upgrade. Is this file likely to ever change - forcing me to merge my changes into a new version? Does anybody have a good solution for remotes with the same ID but different button layouts?

Thanks for supporting this awesome community!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the 30333033 Atlas and Atlas ocap rdfs to see how two remotes with different button names can be handled.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
utmba95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I didn't realize you could have two RDFs with the same ID.
utmba95

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created a new RDF/MAP/JPG for this remote.
1. How do I submit it for review?
2. Is there a way to verify that it is in fact identical (except for button names) to the Insignia version? In the 30333033 example, I see there are a few other subtle differences than just button names.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful with the extender versions since in order for the extender to function the firmware in the remote has to be the exact same as the firmware in the Insignia remotes. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't. And if they aren't the extender tries to do no damage while it is activating but it could also brick your remote
utmba95

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted my rdf/image/map for this remote here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13517

It would be nice to get this in RMIR. The only thing I couldn't get to work was DKP. I've never used them before, so it could be user error. More often than not it would execute the double press macro even with a single button press.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: