JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Slingbox bin file request for Matricom G-Box Q

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpuser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Slingbox bin file request for Matricom G-Box Q Reply with quote

Hello,

By any chance does anybody out there have a binary file that will work for the Matricom G-Box Q?

I searched everywhere but I did not find any. If it is possible someone could please get the binary file for it I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a Slingbox 500 from the U.S.

This is an Android based media box & the manufacturer is: Matricom
and the model for this box is: G-Box Q

Thanks again for your help.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Matricom is not a recognised manufacturer on the Logitech Harmony IR database, so I cannot help. Unless you know someone with a Harmony remote you are probably out of luck.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the matricom g box mx2 upgrade in our file section?

Even if it only partially works we can tweak it to give you better functionality
jpuser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan, what do you mean by: "is not a recognised manufacturer on the Logitech Harmony IR database"?

Where do you reside? What database did you look at? Is there a different Logitech database website for the country you reside?

Matricom is indeed a recognised manufacturer on the Logitech Harmony database. I know that myself because I have a Harmony remote and a Matricom G-Box Q and not only is Matricom found on their database, but the model G-Box Q is also in their database. I added this code without any problems to my harmony remote and it works perfectly operating the G-Box Q with the remote.

You don't even need a remote to see clearly that this brand is in their database by going to their device compatibility database here: https://support.myharmony.com/en/compatibility

In the Manufacturer, make sure you type: Matricom
Then under Model number or Product Name, make sure you type exactly: G-Box Q.

Then you'll see in the results that it says:
This device is supported.
This device is supported with the addition of Harmony Home Hub Extender.
This device may be supported.

Unless you're looking at a different database.
jpuser

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky,

Are you referring to this one?:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12402
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking under set-top-box and it isn't there in the drop down. What type of device did you select ?

Better yet, PM me your Harmony logon details and I will install it on my Harmony and get the codes that way.
jpuser

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that there is no drop down to select a device on my Harmony program. I just open the "My Harmony" application and then select my remote and then select "Devices" and click on "Add device".

Then on the "Add A Device" screen I just have to type a Manufacturer, which I type Matricom and a Model Number, which I type G-Box Q and then I just click on "Add" and then it adds it to the list of devices. If this helps, it says that it is a "Matricom Media Player". So, perhaps if your version has a drop down, it would be under media player, if there is this option.

Let me know if you were able to find it or if you still need my logon information then I will send it to you.

I just want to confirm first that we are talking about the same Logitech Harmony. Since it appears as though you are looking at a different screen than I am, based on your description.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite correct. I use a Harmony 659 and that uses a standalone software package rather than the MyHarmony software. And you were also right, your box was actually under 'Media Center PC'.

Bin files are at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13515

I have put the Delete function on the 'Back' button (left of zero), the Home function on the Guide button and the Mouse? function on the Info button. Let me know if you want anything different. Are there any missing functions ?
jpuser

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The delete function on the back button works great since it is the same as the back button on the Matricom remote with also the same exact function.

The Home function on the guide button is the next best thing, since there is no actual home button on the slingplayer remote. You would assume that the guide is where everything is, similarly to going home.

And the mouse function on the info, even though is not what is should be, it works well since there aren't any info functions on the G-Box Q remote anyway and this one was probably the only button left to be used so you couldn't have put it anywhere else. By the way, the mouse function is simply to switch between the mouse cursor and the regular left, right, up & down buttons.

I have tested all of the functions, including the above mentioned functions, and they all work. There are no missing functions, at least as of now and based on this current version of the Matricom G-Box Q firmware and remote.

There might be others out there who might not like it (you cannot always please everybody), but in my opinion this bin file setup was very well executed and done in the most logical way possible, based on the restrictions within the slingplayer setup.

Great job and thank you for creating the file.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, I'll upload it to the File Section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: