JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

dreambox dm7000s remote - how to copy/initialize
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The default setup code is 0031 on the old remote(EEPROM JP1 cable). What I'm saying is that a setup code that uses the 016C protocol and fixed data of 3F 0C 0F 44 is not available on the URC-39940. So you can't generate that IR signal with the default setup codes that come with the URC-39940. You'll need a cable to upload a new setup code.

At this point we don't know what your new remote control model number is. Most new remote controls use the JP1.2/3 cable.
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Thank you very much!
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've built the JP1 LPT cable. It can read the old remote. Its code is 0031 as you said.
It can not communicate however with the new remote. Despite it having JP1 printed on the PCB near the connector, it doesn't pass the "Check interface" test. So again you're probably right and I will need the JP1.2/3 cable.

If build the 1.2/3 COM cable, will I be able then to clone the old remote in the new one?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should probably try to verify the signature on the new remote again using the SET-983 instructions. It seems like you were in the "Enter Setup Code" mode as the new remote was expecting 4 digits. You should get 2 blinks after pressing "3". After that, pressing 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 should blink back the value in the setup code.

There is a picture of the URC-39940 remote in this RDF. It looks similar to the one in the ebay picture.

If the new remote is the URC-39940, then you should be able to upload a device upgrade to control the Dreambox. Another possibility is to modify the Dreambox to accept the new remote IR signal. I think it is running linux and controlled by a file but I'm not sure.
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. I tried several times. It doesn't blink back and it doesn't give 2 blinks after pressing 3. That's not a genuine remote. It doesn't have dreambox logo or any ID. It may be different.
I have a couple of FTDI RS232 converters, so I'll try to connect it to the remote (when I figure it out how) and read it to see what it is.
mieczotronix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny thing happened. I didn't want to give up with the new remote, so I decided to give another try. And this is what happened:

I built the JP1.2/3 COM cable. Plugged the ribbon to the remote. Something didn't work, so I unplugged it and - surprise! - the ribbon pulled out all but one pins of the JP1.
So I opened the new remote to find out that only one pin of the connector was soldered. The original connector was suspiciously small and flimsy, so I removed the last pin, and then I had a look at PCB traces just to find out that none of them is connected to anything! So it's just a dummy connector! And no, this is not a multi-layer PCB
This is a completely different look-a-like remote !

Simply amazing!
GoriBoy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
i have the same problem and i want to buy one USB flash cable.
Should i buy the normal ones or the cable for FTDI Chip?
i will buy too the JP1 adapter aswell.

Thnxx a lot
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: