JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learned signals without OBC/EFC or a protocol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Learned signals without OBC/EFC or a protocol Reply with quote

I have one of those RCA RCR05BR 5 device learning remotes and I am having a problem decoding a leaned signal from a Black & Decker tower fan
BDTF10110W
I have successfully learned the signals and they do work however there is no OBC or EFC listed and also no protocol. I want to make an upgrade file so that I can upload to a remote that has no learning capability

Here is a screen shot of RMIR the buttons are that are learned are numbers 1-5 and somehow the others are related to the 1-5 as if I delete them the actual 1-5 no longer work
I do know they are part of the learn also because when I delete everything and re-upload a blank learned tab and then do the learning again all of those entries will re appear

http://webpages.charter.net/formatc/images/SA%20Remote/RMIR_Learned.jpg

Anyway if anyone needs more information or a file I will be glad to post it

PS I do have the original remote that came with the fan
Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously we need more information, this picture doesn't tell us anything about the signal timings. You need to see the timings. That being said, most of the tower fans use the same IR signals. Try the various tower fan upgrades we already have. The signals details can be found in the protocol decode section.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I did not get back sooner. I now no longer have the fan as I gave it to someone as their AC died and a fan is better then nothing
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: