JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung discrete inputs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Samsung discrete inputs Reply with quote

Is there some sort of trick to getting the TV to respond to the discretes? Just about every upgrade that I popped open had discrete inputs listed but all they seem to do is display an input name on the screen. They don't select it. I've tried pushing input before entering, that didn't help.

I am trying to put together a toddler friendly remote. To do that I need to make it so the kids can get to their DVDs without having to read and navigate an input list.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2 year old Samsung that responds just fine to the discrete commands. It does display the input name it just switched to.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some threads at remotecentral about Samsungs requiring firmware updates to understand some discrete commands,
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vicky
These work with ok with our 3 year old Samsung, where the name of the input does appear first on the screen, which remains blank if there is no input connected.
Our Sony android TV sometimes does not recognise an input if it is connected 'hot'. The tele needs to be re set or disconnected for a while and the hdmi lead connected when power is off.

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is a trick to it, the trick is you need the correct input codes for your TV. Laughing

The codes Tranx posted work as I am accustomed to discrete's working, and since there wasn't an AV2 in his list, it prompted me to plug these AV cables into the back of the TV, so now the baby isn't constantly tempted to pull them out! Very Happy

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS
For completeness, this code works with the same protocol for our Samsung Tv:
Component - EFC5:00190, EFC:190, OBC:134, Hex:9E

[ Our Tv does not have an AV2 input, so we could not test:
InputAv2 - EFC5:00083, EFC:083, OBC:235, Hex:28 ]
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the complete list.

Mini-me is thrilled with her remote. She no longer stands there with one hand on her hip and a remote in her hand snarling "Can somebody help me." Sure wish my husband was such a quick study!

jchiso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone found a discrete code for the RVU "input"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: