JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How do I save/convert Harmony RC settings into JP1 upgrade?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: How do I save/convert Harmony RC settings into JP1 upgrade? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask - moderators please move to the more appropriate subforum if you want.

I have a Harmony 200 URC and I found a required device in their online database (there is no JP1 upgrade for it in the Files section here)

So, my Harmony is configured and controls the device OK.
What is the best way now to convert this to the JP1 upgrade? Apart from learning all buttons one by one, of course?

Had a quick forum search - haven't found anything on this subj. If there is a topic on that, please refer me to it, thanks.

Best,
:-DS
greeno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you need a JP1 upgrade for some device? which/what device are you trying to control? what remote do you need an upgrade for? I'm confused by your post since you say you're using a 200 URC remote and can control the device ok. please clarify what you're trying to do.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I save/convert Harmony RC settings into JP1 upgra Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
What is the best way now to convert this to the JP1 upgrade? Apart from learning all buttons one by one, of course?

That is the answer, and that is what everyone here has done to create their upgrades.
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and if you want all the functions you will have to go back to MyHarmony and assign the functions you didn't get the first time to buttons, and learn those too. This is easier on the LCD models because you can normally get them all in one pass.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can probably point you to an upgrade that's close enough so you only need to learn a few commands, if any at all.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks everyone for your answers. It's clear now. Learning it is.

After having learned one button, I have found the close enough upgrade myself in the Files Section. But if you think there is a closer one, please advise.

The device: DSE (Dick Smith Electronics) STB/PVR GH5930. (I am sure this is just a re-branded device)

From learning:
Protocol=NEC1, dev=0, subdev=191, POWER button HEX code is 65.

The (seems to be) matching upgrade is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11256

Thanks,
:-DS
MrMoody

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one also matches with some differences. It may/may not work better than the one you found.

This raises a point in my mind. How hard would it be to add a "Power OBC" column to the jp1-master spreadsheet? It would make it easier to match upgrades when you have some mystery device.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMoody wrote:
This raises a point in my mind. How hard would it be to add a "Power OBC" column to the jp1-master spreadsheet? It would make it easier to match upgrades when you have some mystery device.
I asked about a similar thing a while ago here.

Thanks for the suggested upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: