JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips 32pw8608/12 - Old CRT TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KalleP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Philips 32pw8608/12 - Old CRT TV Reply with quote

1. Device: Philips 32pw8608/12
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: Old CRT TV
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: OFA Essence 2 Device 2012 (7120 R01) JP 1.4
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No (plan to get one one day)
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, TV/0556
10. Learning remote question? n/a I don't think mine is a learning remote
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, Could not figure out how to use it, my remote is not listed

I have an old CRT TV and an slightly less old set-top cable decoder (Siemens gigasetm270ccx - SAT/1672) connected with a SCART cable.

I have programmed both using OFA magic and almost everything works.

One thing I HAVE to go back to the TV remote for is the aspect ration select [4:3 16:9 etc]
After changing channels and passing some with different spects the TV reverts back to Auto so I have to reset it now and then (I have to press the button on the TV remote 4 times)
The Auto selection is BAD as it cuts off the bottom of the image on many channels and hides half of the translated captions, it also changes with the content and even if it is working it may have selected the incorrect aspect ratio after an advert break.
I need to set the TV into 4:3 mode

When in SAT mode the green button does the aspec ratio selection on the decoder but these options are of little use.
The red button sets the stereo/mono stuff and the blue button turn the onscreen clock on and off. None of this helps me.

What I would like to do somehow is to get the yellow button send the TV 4:3 button command 4 times (a simple macro would save me pressing it 4 times).

Is there some possible 9xx code that I can enter that would program one of the coloured or the bottom row (they may be teletext) buttons to do this or do I need to get a cable going and learn how the RM-IR java software is working, it is a couple of years when I last tried to get another remote going with help from the group but that need went away and that remote also went away (new gear as I am now living in Finland).

Many thanks for reading, I can go dig in files but have not been able to figure out how or which ones, the sticky post is a bit cryptic or dated for my little brain.

Regards

Kalle
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The manual tells how to use the 995 command to set up a macro.

The Lookup Tool tells us that TV 0556 shoots RC5 device 0, and furthermore the EFC column tells that many remotes send EFC 00234 for 16:9 aspect. Using JP1-Master, we see a number of similar model number Philips TVs which use RC5 device 0, and opening up one of these upgrades in RMIR again tells us that aspect is EFC 00234.

So in TV mode assign 00234 to an unused button (I'll call this button "A"), and then make a macro on the Yellow button to send button "A" 4 times.
KalleP

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG,

Thank you. I have a working setup.

One of the problems was this weird combi-control that the remote supports that does what is similar to volume punch through. It takes the TV volume, aspect and AV and controls it in SAT mode. This is kind of OK but something is not quite right (and I prefer the SAT volume because it has a fuel gauge).

Anyway the TV-aspect button does work in TV and COMBI modes but the SAT aspect no longer works (weird and I did not try to change the aspect button itself at any time).

I made a macro on the blue button to record 4 x aspect in TV mode and it works lovely in TV and SAT modes (manual says macros work across all modes), however in COMBI mode the blue button still turns the SAT on screen clock on and off.

No matter, I am running it in SAT mode and will program a volume UP+DOWN macro onto any bothersome keys and program any TV functions I want onto the SAT mode witha macro. Lots of fun and enough until I get something better.
KalleP

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not obvious to me when the COMBI mode was turned on. I found you can see it work when you press the keys (if you press the mute and previous channel buttons they are on the different modes) and it lights up the relevant mode and the combi lights together. As I mentioned my macro does not work in combi mode so I have to stay away from that.

A problem surfaced with my macro but I learn a bit more each time, it was very nice to just hit the key once (the remote paces the keypresses rather slow so you have to aim the remote for a while to get all 4 copies of the TV-aspect keypress to be transmitted). The problem was that it leaves the remote in TV mode when it is finished even though I have to stay in SAT mode for all the other functions. My solution was to send a dummy SAT mode keypress as the last keypress in the macro. The macro is now 4xTV-aspect;TV-exit;SAT-exit and it leaves the system in a pretty clean state even if something has been messed up.

I think I may add TV-vol+;TV-vol- in there just to clear a TV mute condition if such has happened. I will also research what I can use to get the correct TV (SCART) input selected, perhaps select channel TV-01 and then press the TV-av the required number of times to make sure of the correct input. My only concern is that it may be too boring to wait for the macro to complete sometimes if it is too long, I don't think my one 13 key macro will fill memory.

This way just one press of the blue button should place the TV, SAT and OFA into a known good state after channel surfing, widescreen adverts or the kids poking at the unit and I can relax with a movie.

I must say the OFA manuals are pretty sad, I did not even know there was a bonus section halfway down and the languages are so many that finding the right place is harder than needed. Glad for the help here and keep up the good work.

Does anyone know if the macro code pacing is related to how fast I program the macro or is it a constant speed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: