JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adesso ARC-1100 and RCA RCRP05BR Adding code for unused keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainey2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Adesso ARC-1100 and RCA RCRP05BR Adding code for unused keys Reply with quote

I need some help. My question is
Is there any way with the Adesso IR and RCRP05BR to add extra functions or find unused functions numbers.

I have my remote working good for WMC and Plex and Media browser. All run from within WMC menu. I have add a program called Simple TV the the WMC menu.

Simple TV has many features so i need more keys to control as many as possible. It don't care what the keys is you just select the Simple TV feature and press a key and that key now preforms that feature. I just need to do a few more things but run out of different functions/remote keys.

OK now this is what i am trying to do but am not having much luck.

I have a few keys i am not using like FAV, SWAP, PIP on the remote. no function is setup these keys and the button is unassigned. So i added a function for that button and just entered a random hex coed. I then loaded it to the remote and when i press the Key the IR flashes like it received something. But unlike the other keys Simply TV did not see the key press.

Is there any way with the Adesso IR to add extra functions or find unused functions codes.

Because i am using the Adesso IR dongle, it only has so many commands i know of, less then the number of keys i have on the RCRP05 remote. Also it seem i have many keys duplicated for this device on this remote like Play and Pause do the same thing. I have programmed some keys the same for convenience, like Skip forward/back do the same thing as Day +/-, and Ch +/_ do the same as Page Up/Down when in a list. But i like the Day and Page keys, i may try and reclaim them if i need more keys, but first i must learn a way to add functions to the Adesso upgrade.

Thanks for any help

Rainey
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you see on the original remote is all there is. I've tried every possible code, and none of the extras do anything. We have several Adesso/Ortek upgrades in our file section which have all codes. You can use all 256 possible codes, but they don't do anything. If you want something more flexible, get an Flirc dongle and use the software to map any command to any computer function you want. You're not going to get far with the Adesso.
Rainey2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mdavej

I hoped that was not the case but figured that it was.
The good news is i have a few extra Flirc but would need to go through the setup of all my devices.

I know it would be easier this time, now i know a little more about what i am doing.

Rainey
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: