JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast X1 with XR5 30 second commercial skip
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said earlier that the 30-second skip on my X1 turned into the same function as the "live" function that I found. I have not tried it yet on a recorded show, only on a delayed live broadcast as someone suggested. On my list of things to check next time I'm in front of the TV
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it seems you and 'toms' have some more research to do. I'll wait till there is a definitive answer and a decision on what exactly is needed on a Custom Remote.
toms

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well I'm home now and have been able to do some experimenting. I've learned a lesson in never making assumptions, because you will be wrong. Short summary is I've got my 30 second skip working on my slingbox with no remote code changes needed.

Turns out the Exit 3 times + 0030 does appear to reprogram the cable box itself not the remote. I entered the code sequence several times with the remote in a different room from the cable box and it had no effect on the skip function. When I came back into the room and pointed it at the TV it worked on the second try. I then connected to it with my slingbox and the default emulated slingbox XR5 remote performed the 30 second skip behavior with the page up button. This seems to confirm that the box is interpreting the page up command differently, not that the page up button was reassigned to a different code on the remote.

I also tested my live tv pause/playback function and the page up button also performs a 30 second skip not 'live tv'.

I've done a little more looking around and it appears the "Exit 3 times" puts the box into some sort of a programming mode on the X1 platform. People have posted that Comcast instructs them to do it when their output video resolution gets screwed up and they can no longer see a picture. It's a different code they use, but same idea as the 30 second skip.

'unclemiltie' I'm not sure why you're not able to get this same function. I've been able to confirm that this works on my main DVR box (model XG1-P) and a secondary box (RNG150N). I'm using the newest XR5 remote (XR5 v4-U). What I did notice is that it took a couple of tries for the code to work. It's seems the pace at which you enter the command matters. If you wait too long between the key presses you get no joy. Looking around it seems people get various strange results, some have to push the 'OK' button at the end of the sequence others are reporting that they get a 1 minute skip function if they do the sequence twice in a row.

Thanks for all that responded and I hope this summary helps someone else get it working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: