JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA URC 6440
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My extender for the URC-6440 is now mature, and I have announced it here as URC-6440 Extender v1.00. Please see that announcement for more details, but as a taster it expands the remote to 8 devices and 4 combo modes, provides a shift key, allows nested macros and includes the standard Special Functions of other extenders, namely DSM, LKP, DKP, ToadTog, Multiplex and Pause. The package includes a 20-page manual in PDF form with full details.
Lindahl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 'OARUSB04G ' remote, can you put a macro on the Power, WatchTv and WatchMovie buttons?

Using discretes, I'd like:

* 'WatchTv' to power on the Tv/STB/Receiver and switch the Receiver input.

* 'WatchMovie' to power on the Dvd/Tv/Receiver and switch the Receiver input.

* 'Power' when tapped to do nothing (avoid accidental presses).

* 'Power' when held down to power off all components.

* The device buttons to change the Receiver input (in addition to selecting the chosen device remote).

If any of this can't be done, how close can I get to such a configuration?

I felt like I had read that when the 'Extender' is loaded, the 'Power' hold-down duration is changed from 3sec to 100msec? Is there any way to change this to an arbitrary duration? It sounds like this 'Extender' is only available for the URC 6440, and not the US version (OARUSB04G).
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't used OARUSB04G for a while and there is no extender for it yet but think that, although macros can go on its WatchTv and WatchMovie buttons with JP1 (but not on the Power or TvInput and AudioInput buttons), pressing one would also put it into the respective activity mode, in which macros cannot be issued.

In contrast, with URC6440 and its extender I think everything in the list is feasible (incl. variably timed SKP/LKPs), except that commands cannot be put on device buttons, while any other buttons can be set up as device buttons using macros, and macros on the Activity buttons do not necessarily finish with the remote in activity mode (unless the special command 'DCRestore' is issued as the last item in the macro); also macros can work in activity modes.

The manual included with the 6440 extender package is worth reading for a comprehensive account of all its normal and extended features.

Last edited by tranx on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lindahl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
Haven't used OARUSB04G for a while and there is no extender for it yet but think that, although macros can go on its WatchTv and WatchMovie buttons with JP1 (but not on the Power or TvInput and AudioInput buttons), pressing one would also put it into the respective activity mode, in which macros cannot be issued.

So does that mean that the macros won't actually work?
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The macros work in device modes, and on activity buttons which are pressed while in device mode, but when an activity button has been pressed (perhaps issuing an effective macro) then the remote will be in activity mode, when macros no longer work (until a device button has put it back into device mode)
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...the rationale for that restriction might have been that a macro would otherwise have been likely to include device mode changes, which would have taken the remote out of activity mode.

In that respect the 6440 extender's macro instructions 'DCSave' and 'DCRestore' (for 'Device/Combo Save/Restore') very neatly give full control.

In any case RMIR's general tab allows any OARUSB04G/6440 devices' volume controls to be punched through to any other device. That and DSMs/keymoves provide alternatives to employment of the unextended two combo modes (using the 6440 extender: four combo modes, each with ten button groups).
Lindahl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
The macros work in device modes, and on activity buttons which are pressed while in device mode, but when an activity button has been pressed (perhaps issuing an effective macro) then the remote will be in activity mode, when macros no longer work (until a device button has put it back into device mode)

Can you press a device button at the end of the macro, always leaving the remote in device mode? In other words, put a device mode button at the end of every 'Activity Mode' macro, making it impossible to get into 'Activity' mode, and thus, macros always work.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindahl wrote:
Can you press a device button..... In other words, put a device mode button at the end of every 'Activity Mode' macro, making it impossible to get into 'Activity' mode, and thus, macros always work.
With extended 6440: at any stage within a macro on an activity button, you can certainly 'press a device button', which leaves the remote in the last device chosen like that (unless DSRestore is appended).
Mathdon has explained that this is because the change to activity mode is done first, and then the macro is executed (which, when using the extender, can be done in activity mode)

With unextended OARUSB04G or URC6440, to put the remote back into a device mode you would need to press a physical device button. This is because a macro on an activity button is executed first, and it is finally that the mode is changed to 'combo'/activity. However RMIR irons out most of the differences between the two versions and seems to suggest the use mixtures of devices in the device modes to make them more like combo-modes, and to use the device and combo buttons to switch access between macros (also on number buttons) and native commands. Given RMIR, it is the extender which makes 6440 more flexible and powerful than OARUSB04G while it does not have an extender.
Lindahl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an extender being worked on for the OARUSB04G?
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see remarks by 3FG about that: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=117003&sid=42c5982b0765ba7a5c0a65f4431af67d
azboxgo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: [Solved]Help with new URC-6440 (Eu) : unheard signature ! Reply with quote

Update: Never mind, I took the risk and uploaded the 1.04 extender bin
and everything is ok, including the signature...

------
Hi everybody !

This is my first post, as I just bought a new URC-6440 R01
from Amazon.it : I did some preliminary usage tests and everything seemed ok with my devices.

Then, I tried the hard stuff with RMIR (RemoteMaster.v2.03build8)
in preparation for the 1.04 extension.
I downloaded from the remote and with much surprise I got the message "No RDF matches 2612".
Opening the settings.bin (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Nbpz5a1ffMeFhONXVQTGFITjA/view?usp=sharing )
file from the OFA USB drive led to the same result.
I also tried reading the signature on the remote with the 983 command
and got 26122 as the signature.
I performed device resets, first with the 981 command, then getting a restore blank file from simpleset.com, but the signature remained 26122.

Does anyone have a clue of what is going on ?
Except for this issue, the remote appears to be fully working...

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by azboxgo on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your URC6440 was loaded with a newer version of firmware, which we'll call R02.
Add this trial RDF file to your RDF folder if you want to use RMIR with an unextended settings.bin file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: