JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony KDL-60R510A TV (Netflix)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillip2563

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Sony KDL-60R510A TV (Netflix) Reply with quote

1. Device: Sony KDL-60R510A
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2014
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Comcast URC-1067Bx3 (I think, red OK/Select)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes, found this file and got a Netflix EFC (00187) but it didn't work with a 994 command on my remote (TV, Setup two blinks, 994 two blinks, Setup, 00187, 'C/Day+' two blinks).
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11030

I also found this file. The TV's OEM remote has a Netflix button but there wasn't one in RM when I opened the file. I tried the Internet Video button's EFC (00182) but it didn't work on my remote.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10765

8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes, found this file for a KDL-46EX800 but I don't know how to open it. I think this tv's remote has a Netflix button.
http://files.remotecentral.com/download/2313/peter-fullerton_xcf.zip.html

9. Partially working setup code? Yes, TV 1100
10. Learning remote question? No learning remote.
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, doesn't have a Netflix button.

As you can tell I'm trying to add a Netflix button to my Comcast URC-1067Bx3 (red OK/Select) remote for a Sony KDL-60R510A TV (OEM remote RM-YD096). I answered questions 7 and 8 by cross-referencing all files for KDL model TVs with Sony's website to see if the OEM remotes have Netflix buttons. For those that do I opened the files in RemoteMaster to find a Netflix EFC. For some models Sony wanted to redirect me to their Asian website. I didn't investigate these any further, I live in the US and figured they wouldn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KDL-55EX640 upgrade you found probably has the correct function (OBC) information, but you need to do a couple of things differently to make it work.
1) Use setup code TV 1317 instead of TV 1100. 1100 can only send signals for devices 1 or 164, but Netflix needs device 26. 1317 uses a different protocol executor (the same executor as specified in the upgrade), and it can send any Sony12 or Sony15 signal. It isn't restricted to just two device numbers. If you find that 1100 has more functions than 1317, then temporarily assign 1317 to TV to use while entering the Netflix EFC.

2) The upgrade was made for a very old remote which could only employ 3 digit EFCs. Change the remote type to 1067BX3, and an EFC5 column should appear. That's the EFC to use with 1317.

Netflix EFC is 62365, corresponding to Sony15, device 26, OBC 124.
phillip2563

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help. That worked perfectly.

I learned so much just by retracing your steps. Like discovering setup code 1317 in the Lookup Tool. And that you can't just add two zeros to a 3-digit EFC but that RemoteMaster is flexible enough to change remotes. You even helped me find the correct OBC for rewind which wasn't working in Netflix (OBC 27, EFC 196, EFC5 64556). Though it made me wish the Protocol ID was included in the metadata of rmdu files in the File Section, that would help from having to download every file just to see if the Protocol ID matches.

Thanks again for all your help. You are a master of your craft.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider using the JP1-Master spreadsheet. It summarizes quite a bit of useful information such as the PID used by each upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: