JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARRX12G Help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qwerky

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham, yes, three grayed-out buttons after Assist?, for every Activity. Here is the file.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Qwerky, thanks for posting that. However, I don't think I can help. The Assist data is stored in a segment of (hex) type 1F. You can see the segments by selecting the menu option Options/Advanced/Show Segment Editor, which adds a new tab Segments to the display. I expected to find one or more type 1F segments with data corresponding to empty assists, but instead I see that there isn't a type 1F segment at all. That should mean that Assists? buttons do not show.

It is possible for RMIR to modify the loaded data, creating an equivalent but slightly different setup. You can check the raw loaded data by selecting the menu option Advanced/Preserve original data. The values in the Segments and Raw Data tabs then turn blue to indicate that it is the raw original data. There are still no type 1F segments.

I have uploaded your setup into my XSight Lite, which is the European version of the ARRX12G and indeed I do not get any Assists buttons. So it looks as if it is a different behaviour between the European and US versions of this remote, and as I only have the European version I can't see how I can investigate further.

The only suggestion I have is that you load into your remote the .rmir file that you posted for me. It is just possible that RMIR removed any empty type 1F segments on download, though how they might have been created in the first place is puzzling. I am not aware of any behavioural differences between the European and US models so this is worth trying.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham. We may have had a slight miscommunication. The file that I uploaded, is the file that I had built and uploaded to the remote. But after reading your last post, it now seems to me that you were previously asking me to upload, not the file that I used to upload to the remote (which I had thought), but rather to download from the remote, and upload that to the diagnostics area.

So, that is what I now set out to do. However, trying to do a download, I receive an error message, that asks me to close/reopen RMIR, and do a RAW download. So that I have done, and here is the file. Hope that I got it right this time.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13205
Qwerky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave. I loaded that file to the ARRX12G, with the identical results: every activity results in an Assist? button which leads to three grayed-out buttons.

Next, I tried to download from the remote, and again got the error! I had previously never had any problems downloading from the remote.

So, I factory reset the remote, and tried the download again. It was successful, though of course completely empty. But I posted it anyway, in case it might tell you something.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qwerky wrote:
So, that is what I now set out to do. However, trying to do a download, I receive an error message, that asks me to close/reopen RMIR, and do a RAW download. So that I have done, and here is the file. Hope that I got it right this time.

Yes, I want to know what the remote actually has, in case the remote changes something on upload (just as RMIR can change it on download). The raw download will do just fine. Unfortunately there was a bug in Alpha 12 and I don't know at what point it entered. I think that was responsible for your error message. The bug is corrected in Alpha 13, so please update to that. If you were using Alpha 13, I will find that out when I study the raw download and should be able to fix it without needing further info.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qwerky, I have loaded your raw download into my XSight Lite and still get no Assist? buttons. Also no type 1F segments, so I fall back on my original belief that there is a firmware difference between the ARRX12G and the XSight Lite that is responsible for this difference in behaviour.

However, I believe mdavej's remote is a real ARRX12G and he has activities that don't have Assist? buttons. So I would like to know what Dave gets if he loads your raw download into his real ARRX12G.

So, Dave, could you do this please? A raw download of a JP2 remote will not directly load into RMIR as it lacks the signature information. I have therefore added a signature section to the download and re-posted it here (the same link as Qwerky's posting). This will load into RMIR. To ensure that it is uploaded to the ARRX12G identically, open the Advanced menu and select "Preserve original data". The Raw Data tab will now show the data in BLUE. With this option selected (and preferably, for certainty, with the Raw Data tab showing and with the data still blue) use the Upload button to upload to the remote.

Dave, when you open Activities on the remote and select one, so that the remote's display shows the soft buttons of the activity, does the soft button list start with "Assist?"?

If not, it suggests that you and Qwerty have different firmware versions. You can find the firmware version number by scrolling the Home screen down to Settings, selecting it and scrolling the Settings screen down to About. "About" displays a whole set of version numbers. Could you both please post what Firmware version you find, as I suspect that is the only relevant version number?

Qwerky, one further thing. Your raw download indicates to me that your remote should download without error with Alpha 13.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Qwerky wrote:
However, trying to do a download, I receive an error message, that asks me to close/reopen RMIR, and do a RAW download.

Unfortunately there was a bug in Alpha 12 and I don't know at what point it entered. I think that was responsible for your error message. The bug is corrected in Alpha 13, so please update to that.

Thanks Graham. I was previously using 2.03 alpha 28 build 6; I have now updated to 2.03 alpha 28 build 13, and indeed the download proceeded without error. I have uploaded the file here.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, I loaded your version of Qwerky's file and get no Assist button displayed when I run any of the activities.

I also just ran EZ-RC, and there is a Show Assistant check box when you edit an activity. So I've uploaded 2 files, on with the box checked on the Watch Movie activity, and another with it unchecked. Looks like the only effect in RMIR when unchecking the box is all assist commands go away.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13218

Info for my US ARRX12G:

Firmware 2011.13
Bootloader 134
IR lib 1000.06
Prod ID 05011
Graphics 2000.01
Text 3000.06
Screen 4000.06

Qwerky, did you ever get EZ-RC to work? If not, you may want to give it another try so your firmware gets updated. I first installed the conduit program from here and went to http://ar.ez-rc.com in IE 11. On my Win 8 computer, I had to run the site in compatibility mode, but not in Win 7.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11937

Last edited by mdavej on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Qwerky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Could you both please post what Firmware version you find, as I suspect that is the only relevant version number?

Hi Graham, my About information:

Firmware: 2011.11
Bootloader: 134
IR Library: 1000.06
Product ID: 65535
Graphics: 2000.01
Text: 3000.05
Screen: 4000.05
Qwerky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave. At that link (though it is for the 15G; shouldn't make any difference), or any other on the AR sight, I could never find a link to download the software (conduit?), though I did look hard. I just used the software that came on the disc.

On my Win 8.1 computer I also have I.E. 11; I don't have compatibility mode, just compatibility view settings, in which I've added the ez-rc.com site, but no help. Just tried it again, and still getting the same error message.

Waaaaaait.... Dave, I installed the conduit software from the link you provided. I don't know what the difference is from the software I installed from the CD, but this one works! Thank you!

So now I'm able to use the ez-rc.com web site (sort of). I tried to modify an activity, looking for the checkbox you mentioned to turn off Assist. I couldn't find that box at all. However, every time I tried to modify an activity, after clicking Next on the page which lists the activity's steps, it just takes me back to the login screen. Tried several times.

No matter; now that I've seen Conduit, I can say that RM is hands down the winner!

Anyway, it did update my remote, which now has:

Firmware: 2011.13
Bootloader: 134
IR Library: 1000.06
Product ID: 05011
Graphics: 2000.01
Text: 3000.06
Screen: 4000.06

[This time, it actually has a (valid?) Product ID.]

So next I uploaded my config again, and....

Yeah! No Assist? Great Very Happy !

I also noticed some improvements in the new RM software that I was going to suggest: when uploading, it now asks for confirmation, which I think is a good idea for new users.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, guys!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Glad the F/W update did the trick.

FWIW, the assist box in EZ-RC is at Activities - Modify - (check all boxes) - next until you get to the button groups - Show Assistant is a check box near the LCD buttons. But no need to use EZ-RC anymore since everything is working.
Qwerky

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, almost there. With the Assist? button gone, the activities ending with the Activity Group Assignments is okay for the most part.

But for the Shutdown/System Off activity, I would love to be able to use those special buttons to make that activity end by returning to the Activities screen, ready for a new activity for the next time.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I suspect it is likely a limitation of the remote, but if there is a way to make it work, I would like to hear about it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On other Xsights in EZ-RC, making a "Good Night" activity did just that. So you may want to try a new config in EZ-RC just as an experiment to see what Good Night or Shutdown does and how it looks in RMIR.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qwerky wrote:
I would love to be able to use those special buttons to make that activity end by returning to the Activities screen, ready for a new activity

You should be able to do this by ending the power macro for the System Off activity with the Activities button. If you edit the power macro and open the Function drop-down box, you will find near the end of the list a set of names of the form Button:xxx, one of which is Button:Activities. These are there to enable you to include a button press in a macro for any of the special buttons that can't have normal functions assigned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: