JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 available
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject: RM/RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 available Reply with quote

I posted messages such as this one in various threads in the expectation that RMIR v2.03 Alpha 27 would be the final Alpha version before proceeding to Beta testing. Events have overtaken me.

The developers have been concerned for some time that users need to make a series of downloads to get RMIR working, as the RDF, Map and Image files needed have not been part of the installation package. It is planned that in future, these WILL be included. Moreover, it is hoped that a facility will be built in to RMIR to update these files on demand.

As a first step, RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 has been built to include the full current set of RDF, Map and Image files. It also includes metadata needed to permit on-demand updating of this set of files. At present, however, the on-demand updating mechanism has not been implemented. What is present, however, means that this version will work "out of the box", without any additional downloads, on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X other than the need for Java 1.6 or later. It should work on Mac OS X Yosemite with the latest Java versions, as the issue raised in this thread has been fixed. This RMIR version also includes a new version (2.45) of DecodeIR, a correspondingly updated protocols.ini, and an updated digitmaps.bin (up to number 627).

Please note that the distribution file is now 17.8MB and as such, cannot be put in the file section of this forum. Instead it is on SourceForge, the same repository as is used for full release versions of RM/RMIR. What is in the file section is a link to SourceForge. Clicking the Download button opens a window on SourceForge that currently shows just one file, RemoteMaster.v2.03Alpha28.zip. Click this filename to perform the actual download.

So here is RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28.. Download it and unzip it to a new folder. Double-clicking RemoteMaster.jar should then open RMIR with the current RDFs etc already installed. The RDFs are in a sub-folder named RDF, the maps and images in one named Images. Both these folders have a further sub-folder named .svn. This contains the meta-data described above. DO NOT DELETE these .svn sub-folders.

If you use Windows, you may find in Windows Explorer that there is a green tick against the RDF and Images folders and against all the files in them. This signifies that the files are those represented by their meta-data. You may edit the files if you need to, but the green tick will change to a red exclamation mark to show that the file has been edited.

Last edited by mathdon on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 6. The instructions above now take you to a folder on SourceForge containing two zip packages.

RemoteMaster.v2.03Alpha28build6.zip is a complete package. Download this one if you have not previously installed Alpha 28.

RemoteMasterUpdate.v2.03Alpha28build6.zip contains only the files that have changed. If you have already installed Alpha 28 (the original or any build earlier than 6) then download this one. Unzip it to the folder containing your earlier build, and when asked, opt to replace any files with the same name.

Build 6 corrects some minor bugs, adds some missing RDFs and adds to protocols.ini the MAXQ code for the NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo protocol.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 10, with both a complete package and an update file. See the post above for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28, including those earlier than build 6.

Build 10 has some subtle but useful improvements to the user interface. It fixes a few minor bugs, adds one new RDF and corrects another.
Stereodude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 10, with both a complete package and an update file. See the post above for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28, including those earlier than build 6.

Build 10 has some subtle but useful improvements to the user interface. It fixes a few minor bugs, adds one new RDF and corrects another.

I'm new to RMIR, so I could be making a total n00b error, but I download my Xsight 18 with RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 build 10 and saved the configuration. I can close RMIR and open the saved file as expected, but if I make changes to the the configuration like adding a new function and then save the configuration, RMIR won't open the saved .rmir file. I get a Task error popup that says, "Error loading file Xsight test.rmir".
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Stereodude: The XSight 18 is the most complex remote we have ever studied. It may well be a real bug that you have come across. Could you please post in the Diagnosis Area the .rmir file that won't load. I will then look at it.
Stereodude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
@Stereodude: The XSight 18 is the most complex remote we have ever studied. It may well be a real bug that you have come across. Could you please post in the Diagnosis Area the .rmir file that won't load. I will then look at it.

Thanks! Here's the file. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13161

This is after I added 2 new functions to one of the devices and added them to unused buttons, but I can't open the saved file if I make any changes (like moving a function from one button to another, renaming a button, or changing an IR code). So far I haven't been able to make any change, save the file, and then re-open it. As a result I also haven't tried uploading the changes to the remote, so I'm not sure if they work.

FWIW, this is the first version of RMIR I've used.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shot in the dark here, but try simpler/shorter names for you new commands, like "DynEQ Sel".
Stereodude

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Shot in the dark here, but try simpler/shorter names for you new commands, like "DynEQ Sel".

That doesn't help. Confused

It turns out that it's actually worse. Saving the file after opening it without making any changes results in a file that won't open. You can try it for yourself with this .rmir file.

Edit: I can download from the remote, make changes, save a file with my configuration and re-open that fine. but if I opening that saved file, making no changes, save it, and then try to open it I get the error. I compared the two files and they're significantly different when I would expect them to be identical.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Stereodude: I have found why your file will not load, but I cannot tell what caused it to be like this. It is something in the setup of your remote and is nothing to do with the changes you were trying to make, though I think you knew this anyway as it didn't matter what you tried to change, you always got a file that would not load.

To go further, I need to see exactly what is in your remote. Your present files only show this after interpretation, with error, by RMIR. So could you please do a Raw Download and post that for me to look at. Connect your remote, open RMIR, open the Remote menu and select Raw Download. This opens a new window with its own Download button. Press it, and when the download has finished, click the Save button. Accept the default filename it offers and post the file once again in the Diagnosis Area. Many thanks.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Stereodude: I would still like the raw download I mentioned in the post above, but when you have done that, could you please try an experiment. Replace the protocols.ini file in your RMIR installation folder with this one. We think this should get rid of the problems of files failing to load. If it does, could you please do an upload to your remote and check that it still operates your TV correctly. Many thanks.
Stereodude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
@Stereodude: I have found why your file will not load, but I cannot tell what caused it to be like this. It is something in the setup of your remote and is nothing to do with the changes you were trying to make, though I think you knew this anyway as it didn't matter what you tried to change, you always got a file that would not load.

To go further, I need to see exactly what is in your remote. Your present files only show this after interpretation, with error, by RMIR. So could you please do a Raw Download and post that for me to look at. Connect your remote, open RMIR, open the Remote menu and select Raw Download. This opens a new window with its own Download button. Press it, and when the download has finished, click the Save button. Accept the default filename it offers and post the file once again in the Diagnosis Area. Many thanks.

Here's a matched set.

FWIW, I don't think the problem is in RMIR's ability to parse the download. I was able to download the remote, make changes, and upload them back to the remote successfully with the remote working correctly (and repeat this process more than once).
Stereodude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Replace the protocols.ini file in your RMIR installation folder with this one. We think this should get rid of the problems of files failing to load. If it does, could you please do an upload to your remote and check that it still operates your TV correctly. Many thanks.

With the new protocol.ini file I can download the remote, save, open the saved file, save as, open that 2nd file, save as again for a 3rd file, and all three files match.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 11, with both a complete package and an update file. See the first two posts in this thread for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28.

There are a lot of changes in build 11, so I have left build 10 still available in case there are any issues with build 11. Unzipping the build 10 upgrade package into a build 11 installation folder will downgrade it to build 10 if that should be necessary.

The changes in build 11 include a revision of the user interfaces changes made in build 10. It also corrects an issue with certain uncommon variants of the NEC protocol and supports a new storage format for device and protocol upgrades in JP2 remotes that has been encountered in a recent new remote.

Stereodude wrote:
I don't think the problem is in RMIR's ability to parse the download. I was able to download the remote, make changes, and upload them back to the remote successfully with the remote working correctly (and repeat this process more than once).

You are right, there was a second bug in RMIR. Your original .rmir file was valid and should have loaded correctly back into RMIR. Build 11 fixes this, and that file will now load. However, that .rmir file does not recognise your NECx2 protocol correctly and just identifies it as pid: 005A. The change to protocols.ini that I posted for you, which is incorporated into build 11, is a correction that enables the protocol to be correctly identified.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now updated RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28 to build 13, with both a complete package and an update file. See the first two posts in this thread for instructions. The update will update any previous build of RMIR v2.03 Alpha 28.

There are a lot of changes in build 13, so I have left build 10 still available in case there are any issues with build 13. Unzipping the build 10 upgrade package into a build 13 installation folder will downgrade it to build 10 if that should be necessary.

The changes in build 13 include a fix for an obscure bug that occurs when RMIR is used with Java 7 (or, presumably, later). The bug does not prevent RMIR from working, but may prevent certain processes from completing, so this is a recommended update for users of Java 7 or later. It also fixes a few other minor bugs that have come to light, and provides the new feature requested in this thread.
tranx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The update file is very convenient. Many thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: