JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

can someone create an install cd
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimdunn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:

Oh, by the way, this was good advice:
jimdunn wrote:

Incidentally, and here I'm trying to be helpful, not rude; a little punctuation, capitalisation, and spellchecking would help people understand your questions better, and make it more likely you'll get good help. I had to read your last post 3 or 4 times just to understand what you were asking.

Jim

Yes, but I think this was probably better:

Capn Trips - (Thu Dec 29, 2005) wrote:

occasional capitalization punctuation could help might clarify confusion misunderstanding meaning if you know what

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38617#38617 (thanks for the link, Elizabeth)

Very Happy
sfhub

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
as to not heeding advise I have done that and still find it as frustrating
people talk about stuff I hadn't even got a clue that it exists yet which all the help files have to be looked for to find anything which can be exhausting as they're not all in one help file either
even reading there is a way of reading signals via usbuirt and don't get that yet as that would be easier as well as in a remote file that is missing keys mapped learning and retreiveing that signal would be far better than interpreting its code

not heeding advice bad not sure why they suggest it youdid all theyask and they stil harp on you mabye music school dropouts.

yeah read the ir with usbsquirt then read the ufc don't know why they call it that sounds like mix martial arts put the ufc in kfc then paste in irs and upload to remote.

you go girl don't let the haters get you down
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that post on usbuirt and couldn't make any sense of it
something about using it to read signals direcdtly into the km or rdf or something then something about an ir extender I cosan't figure out how to use it I posteed for more about it but hadn't been responded to yet is there anything or not with usbuirt and JP !
and only one topic on that subject ever came up
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you really wn the urbirt ot wrok wot u ned ot do is booter it up in mimm mod that l doo it
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try to correct my typing errors
but what is that trying to mock me.
as it makes no sense all words misspelled and even trying to read as if you mis hit the key
sfhub

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob just being an ss long history

Liz do1 better, rc reincarnate or diff user you deicde
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=274121
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=257485

Rob like this&this laughlaugh funnyfunny
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=264163
http://archive.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=2262338#post2262338
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
...nor even what exact files are needed make a universal help file that covers everything so there is no need to hunt for them
and nothing about what all the exe .files in one place either
im not sjhure but anmyway w e realy try tohide unhewlpful posts like this one fronm neqw usaers woudtn want to comfuze
chelli1501 wrote:
and only brainy people complain about grammatical punctuiation
Hmmm. That sounds like a challenge. OK, I'm complaining. Wink Let's try to start with something simple. A period goes at the end of every sentence.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
it makes no sense all words misspelled and even trying to read as if you mis hit the key

wot shee sed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sfhub wrote:
Liz do1 better, rc reincarnate or diff user you deicde

My old favorite, rcreplay, I wonder what he's doing now. I wonder if we'll see him at the AVS 10 year re-union. He was one of a kind, even Chelli can't match his posting style.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is getting a bit old now, but I would like to offer a few words of consolation to Michelle.

The basic question posed by Michelle is something I myself have been pondering for a while. I really think the learning curve is a bit steep for a JP1 beginner. People are different, have different backgrounds and interests. Some are hackers by nature and love this kind of stuff, others just have a problem with getting a remote to do as good a job as possible to control their equipment (that's me - except I really do have some background in electronics and programming too).

But I also understand the contrary arguments. But anyway, I really would have liked to see a complete, integrated program suite. One that I could open, and find menus, buttons or whatever that would take me to the various operations. And a comprehensive help file, and maybe context sensitive help.

It would make things much easier for a beginner if a complete package containing all(?) that one needs to get started were available. A package that you just could install, and after installation you could plug in your JP1 or JP1-x remote and begin doing what it is all about.

Maybe that may come true sometime in the future, but in the meantime maybe threads like this may be of some consolation.

Cheerio,
Dreamzapper
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eventually we will get to that point. At some point RM will incorporate all of IR's function, so all that will be needed is RM (along with the RDFs, Images, and Maps). But getting there takes time since all JP1 tools are developed, maintained and enhanced by volunteers who get no financial reward for their work and who have other things going on in their lives that are more important than this hobby.

Once RM replaces both KM and IR, getting a single package will be much easier, and RM might even be enhanced to download, install, and keep-up-to date the RDF, Images and Maps.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to hear that. Having done quite a good deal of programming myself, I know any programmer worth his salt would think along the same lines. We all however have to make sacrifices to the realities of real life. At 77, I guess I am through with programming, but I kept expanding, modifying, extending and improving a program I started with DOS-based Foxbase, later moving to the Windows Visual Foxpro platform - for just one client. l retired at 62 so I had enough time on my hands and I did it mostly for fun. It certainly didn't make me rich... In the end, the Internet made my program obsolete.
Leanna Ridley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative, Thanks for the post. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: