JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

H900 Marcos/Newbie's 1st Extender with RCA & Atlas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sti491

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dave,

1. Regarding your suggestion on my Sub Vol challenge: Anything you put on the Macro tab is global (works in all modes). So make a global macro on A (I had a typo in my post, it is actually the "B" button) with the commands Dev_AUD, Sub Vol+ and another on C with Dev_AUD, Sub Vol-. You won't actually use those commands but whatever other buttons you assigned them to.

Note: in my post I had a typo. In my SoundBar device upgrade I assigned the "B" Blue RCA button to the Sub vol +, not the "A" button.

I have a problem doing what you suggest:

Sub Vol + and Sub Vol - are "Functions" I created in my SoundBar upgrade. They are not physical buttons on the RCA remote or additional buttons that the extender provides like Phantom buttons. They are assigned to RCA "Buttons" in the Device Upgrade. That is where I assigned them to the "B" and "C" buttons respectively.

When I go to the Macro tab (or Special Function Tab, or anywhere in RM like the Device Upgrade Button/Function assignment tab), if I pick the bound key as "B" (or "C", or any button on the drop down list), then go to the "Available Keys" Box below that to select my Macro keys, what's available to pick from are the RCA physical buttons and the ones that the Extender includes like the phantom buttons. "Functions", which is what Sub Vol + and Sub Vol - are, do not show there to pick from.

1a. Is there a way to add Sub Vol + and Sub Vol - to the available keys similar to how the phantom keys were added in the extender?

1b. If not, how do I create the global macro you suggest?

2. Going back to my longer post regarding my LKP Power up issue, that you suggested to upload my RMIR file to the diagnosis area:

I'm happy to post it in the Diagnosis area, but maybe you can respond to my latest finding noted below first. I have simplified where my problem is:

I'm sure my problem is my "Pause Function". I can make any special Function or Macro work (simple ones, or more complex ones). However, when I insert my "Pause Special Function", say, in a simple test macro that works perfectly without it, the Pause Function does nothing. The macro works as if it not there. And that is what's happening in my "LKP Power up" Function: everything is powering up fine, but the TV and Soundbar are not switching to the correct HDMI and Sound inputs, either with or without the pause command.

The TV takes a good 15 seconds to power up before it will accept commands from the OEM remote. The SoundBar takes about 4 seconds. I believe that is why my LKP Power up like this doesn't work:
CBL Xshift_CBL LKP(3) [Short]: <none> [Long]:Dev_AUD;DiscreteOn;1;Dev_CBL;Power;Dev_TV;DiscreteOn;1

So I added my Shift-Pause before the "1" inputs in the LKP special function above, but it had no effect. And trying my Shift-Pause function in simple macros doesn't do anything. I have changed the Pause function Key from Shift-Pause to Phantom1, and I changed the duration from 15.0 sec to 5.0 seconds, tried them all and they don't work.

This is an example of a 15 second Pause Special Function that doesn't work:
Device:TV Key:Shift-pause
Parameter Type: Pause Duration:15.0 secs

In a macro or function that I want it to pause, I am inserting it just after what I need a pause for, before the next command.

So in a very simple test macro to, say, open the TV Menu and go down two times like this:

Dev_TV;Menu;Down;Down .... it works perfectly.

But when I add my pause function to add a 15 second delay before the last Down, this macro below does the exact same thing as the one above, i.e., the Pause function doesn't work:

Dev_TV;Menu;Down;Shift-pause;Down

3. So this leads me to believe:
3a. My LKP Power-up and HDMI/Sound Input Function needs a 15 second delay after the TV starts before the HDMI "1" command will be read by the TV.... and... my SoundBar needs a 4 second delay after it starts before the Sound Input "1" command can be read by the SoundBar.

3b. My attempt at creating Pause Functions to use in my LKP Power Up Function, or in any simple macro just doesn't work.

4. Is my logic right?

5. How can I make the Pause Function work?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. In that case, go to the keymove tab and add ones for AUD B and C to every other device.

3-5. Can't be sure of until I see your actual file. Based on what you've written in your post, it should be working. But there's obviously something else going on (missing pause protocol, conflicting functions, etc.). Anther benefit of posting your file is I can load it into one of my remotes and test it myself.
sti491

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, Thanks so much!

1. Re #1 in the last post:

Between my doing what you suggested with key moves, and adding "Dev_AUD;Set_Vol" to the end of Phantom10, my Sub Vol "A" and "B" buttons work no matter what device I am in.... Hooray! Smile

Hey, as a side note, what are the four color "A, B, C, D" buttons for anyway? I have never used them for any OEM remotes/components, so I am curious...

2. I have replicated your Fam Room functions and macros, with some adjustments, adding other macros I use, button changes etc, to get my RMIR working very well for my objectives, except for my LKP Power up of the CBL button, due to, I believe, my Pause command not working for the TV or SoundBar before I can enter the HDMI or Sound Input, both of which are assigned to button 1 in their respective devices (TV and AUD).

Like we discussed, I think my Pause Special functions are fragged. I have tried them in simpler marco tests where they consistently do not work. I think my logic is the same as your Fam Rom RMIR, but my Pause does not work.

Here is mt RMIR file, posted in JP! Diagnostics
:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13121

Hopefully you can figure this out for me! I have really tried to fix it, and failed Sad

I only have the one LKP special function in there for CBL. Once I get that one to work, I will replicate it for Smart TV (TV), and For Apple TV (DVD). Those are not included because I couldn't get my first one for CBL to work.

I will be traveling until next Tuesday. I probably will not be able to devote dedicated brain time to this until I return. I will watch for your replies on my phone, but probably will not be able to act on them until Tuesday.... but your reply is important to me!

Thank you again for working on it, and/or having other experts give a whack at it...

3. I'd like to return to another question I had from a few posts up, that you responded to, but I still can not figure out how to do. It's the topic of creating new devices from learned commands, using the "Convert To Device Upgrade" button I can't seem to find....

This was your statement and my question, that I don't think you answered yet:

Your post: Do your learns then download to look at them or build new upgrades manually (as you did with the Polk) or by pressing the Convert To Device Upgrade button.

My reply: Where do I find the "Convert To Device Upgrade" button, to press it? I don't see that anywhere.... (in the learned Signals Tab or anywhere else)? Sorry to sound so lost, but I have looked a lot, and just don't see where you are referring to. I'm sure I am missing the forest through the trees here somehow.

Please advise where I find that "Convert To Device Upgrade" button, because I still can't find it!
Sad Surprised Very Happy

All in all though, I feel pretty darn good about what I have learned mostly from you, with the help of a few others (thanks to everyone!), to get where I am... THANK YOU SO MUCH!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Options/Advanced menu, select Learned To Upgrade Conversion. Then the button will show up.
sti491

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
On the Options/Advanced menu, select Learned To Upgrade Conversion. Then the button will show up.

Rats! I thought I had looked everywhere. Thanks Dave.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what went wrong with your extender install, but the pause protocol was indeed messed up. I replaced it, and it now works. Just use the file you posted. I replaced it with my fixed version.
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALL RIGHT! YES! I won't be home until Tues but indeed will download and try at as soon as I am back. Wonder what happened. Doesn't matter I guess. Life is good.

Thanks again!

Rob
sti491

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,

I got my RCA working to replicate the H900 functions I was targeting, including a ToadTog for the cable box discrete on & off!

Basically I mimicked your Fam Room RMIR config and I have the following working:

1. Watch CBL TV: LKP CBL: Discrete On TV, CBL, and SoundBar with correct inputs
2. Watch Smart TV: LKP TV: Discrete On TV, and SoundBar with correct inputs
3. Watch Apple TV: LKP DVD: Discrete On TV, Apple TV, and SoundBar with correct inputs
4. Listen to streaming BT music: LKP AUD: Discrete On SoundBar set to correct inputs, Discrete Off TV and Cable

5. Master Power Off: LKP from any device button

I played around with a few other things, but I am satisfied with the current state.

Thanks for all your help! You are very kind to be so patient and help newbies like me. It was a challenge between catching on to the logic of the configuring, combined with the semantics of JP1. It's a big puzzle, one I couldn't have finished without your help mostly, and a few others on this forum who I appreciate and thank as well.

I may pick up the backlit Universal Ocap 5 that Ruidosobruce recommended:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Atlas-Ocap-5-Device-Cable-TV-DVD-Dish-Blu-Ray-Remote-Control-1056B01-/310989524209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48686b8cf1

I wonder if it's extender and programming would be very similar to the RCA?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Always happy to win over new JP1 converts. Learning curve is pretty steep, especially jumping straight into extenders. But you made it. Piece of cake from here on out.

I have several of those backlit Ocaps. Can't beat the price. Extender is indeed very similar to the RCA. Programming will be the same. They have no learning capability. But as long as you can use the RCA for that, it shouldn't be a problem. Couple of minor things I don't care for, aside from the styling, are the recessed setup button and lack of a skip fwd button. But it's easy enough to re-purpose the LIVE button for that. Very nice remote for the money overall.
sti491

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hummm, from what I read that Ocap 5 Atlas 1056B01 did have learning capability?

I was also trying to discern the differences between the 1056 BO1, B02, & B03 models... Assume the B03 extender works with all of them?

Is there another Backlit model you recommend?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're as likely to find a learning Ocap as you are winning the lottery. A few do exist, but they are very rare. Even backlit Ocaps are rare, though not as rare as learners. We were lucky to find the one posted.

Nailing down the differences among Atlases is something that's way over my head. Same goes for what extender works with what. I really have no idea. There are just too many. There's a big thread around here somewhere that tries to sort it all out. But what's out there is always changing.

The one posted is the best you're going to find today.

My favorite backlit, extended JP1 remote is the Inteset INT-422 and its Sanyo/Insignia cousins. I like the Vizio VUR8 too, but it has no extender. And of course all the Xsight models and OARUSB04G are awesome remotes and backlit, but no extender. The Xsight doesn't really need one since it has a lot of that stuff built in already (pauses, key group mapping, etc.).

I think I've said before, I use Xsight and the OARUSB04G pretty much exclusively now. All my other JP1 remotes are in my closet, probably permanently. I use Xsight for the same reasons your main remote is still a Harmony 900, for the RF, activities, favorites, rechargeable battery and display.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas 1056 remotes which can learn have an "L" suffix in the model name. Pretty rare. On the other hand, as far as I know, all 1056B01 and B03 remotes are backlit.

The 1056B01 use the Samsung S3F80 processor, like the RCRP05B. The B03 uses the Maxim MAXQ610 processor. The extenders are completely different.
ruidosobruce

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I bought several of the Atlas remotes in your link. It is a 1056B01. It is backlit, and you can enable or disable the backlight. It is a very complete remote, maybe just a little big. Moving from the RCA to the Atlas is very straightforward.

I have the Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Silver) extender V2.13 installed and it works very well. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9800

Bruce
sti491

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce, and 3FG! Thanks I'll probably pick it up. For the price how can I go wrong?

Bruce, if you have this exact remote, does it have learn capability or not? It's not critical in my decision as my RCA learns. Just curious.
sti491

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bruce, hey, wondering if you would do me another favor?

Could you please provide a link to one of your Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Silver) extender V2.13 RMIR files in the JP1 File Section for your setup?

You had provided some screen shots previously that were great to have. Having the actual RMIR file from Dave previously really helped with questions I had.

I just purchased the remote on e-bay and read the ReadMe in the extender file you linked me to. Looks pretty similar to the RCA, as you said.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 9 of 14

Jump to: