JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Denon AVR-1513 A/V Receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anomareh

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Denon AVR-1513 A/V Receiver Reply with quote

1. Device: Denon AVR-1513
2. Type of device: A/V Receiver
3. Year: 2012?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-1060BC3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes (no left and right arrow in menus)
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes (remote not listed)

I'm trying to use 994 and EFCs to manually program the buttons, but I'm having pretty hit and miss luck. I'm mostly just trying random remotes and Denon entries from the lookup tool because it doesn't have my remote listed.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know the setup codes available in the 1060BC2, although they aren't in the Lookup Tool. I suppose that the BC3 will have the same codes. I recommend that you use Audio 2857, which should have the correct left and right cursors already programmed in. Make sure that you have deleted existing keymoves, because these will be given priority over the built in EFCs.

Denon components use 2 IR protocols, referred to as Denon (or Sharp) and DenonK. 2857 uses a Combo executor and it can shoot both protocols. To get EFCs for 2857 -- in case you want to try functions which aren't already built in-- the easiest primary source for codes is this spreadsheet. Then you'll need to use RemoteMaster to convert this data into EFCs. In RM, select Denon/DenonK as the protocol. For functions taken from the Sharp tab of the spreadsheet, go to the Functions tab in RM, select Type as Sharp, enter the device number (2, 12, or 4, mostly) and the function (OBC number). The rest of the tabs in the spreadsheet use DenonK. Enter the device.subdevice number on the RM Setup tab (4.1 for Main Zone), and the OBC on the functions tab. RM will calculate the EFCs to use with 2857.
Anomareh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a bunch for the reply. It seems that code does work, but it an odd manner. From what I can tell there is no enter or back button. To advance in the menu you need to hit the right cursor and then the menu button. The left cursor also doesn't work on the first press. For example, when adjusting speaker volume, to start lowering it, you have to tap the left cursor once before it will start decreasing. Any idea what the issue may be?
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my Denon receiver, the first press of a volume + or - just shows the current value of the volume setting and then the next press starts changing it. I don't know if the same is true of the menu you are in or not. I would try it with the original remote and see if it behaves the same.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denon has many seemingly redundant commands in both Sharp and DenonK protocols. It may be worthwhile to try the DenonK version of e.g. Menu (called GUI menu on the DenonK section).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: