JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MAXQ612/622 Similarities (URC-7962 Motion Activities)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: MAXQ612/622 Similarities (URC-7962 Motion Activities) Reply with quote

Any of the JPx gurus would have an opinion on whether it could be possible, someday, to have as much flexibility on customizing a MQ612 remote (such as the URC-7962 Motion) as it is with some MQ622 (XSight Lite/Plus) with RMIR?

On RMIR 2.03 the Activities on both XSight models are extremely customizable, while the 7962 is entirely read-only (worse than its older S3F8 brother URC-7960). Since the only difference between these MaxQ processors is the built-in USB interface (afaik...), I wonder what is blocking such enhancements... (technically).

Last edited by rosito on Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: MAXQ612/622 Similarities Reply with quote

rosito wrote:
On RMIR 2.03 the Activities on both XSight models are extremely customizable, while the 7962 is entirely read-only (worse than its older S3F8 brother URC-7960). Since the only difference between these MaxQ processors is the built-in USB interface (afaik...), I wonder what is blocking such enhancements... (technically).

It is nothing to do with the processor, it is a matter of the way activity setup data is stored in the data area accessible to RMIR. In the URC-7962 it is stored as two bytes, one of which is the value 1-4 entered from the keypad when you set up an activity, the other is a set of flags that describes the chosen setup. The firmware appears to ignore the flags and reads only the setup number 1-4, so no further flexibility is possible through RMIR.

This is the only remote that has activity setup data stored in this way. There are at least three other codings used for activities in other remotes, all of which have considerably greater flexibility that can be exploited by RMIR.

I believe you have new firmware for your URC-7962. It is possible that has changed the coding method used for activities. If so, it is possible RMIR can do more. If you think this is the case, please post a raw download from a setup with your new firmware so I can look into it, though it will not be till the New Year.
rosito

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MAXQ612/622 Similarities Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I believe you have new firmware for your URC-7962. It is possible that has changed the coding method used for activities. If so, it is possible RMIR can do more. If you think this is the case, please post a raw download from a setup with your new firmware so I can look into it, though it will not be till the New Year.

Many thanks for the best technical reply I could hope for! I did not realize the processor played so little on how to setup the remote internals.
Unfortunately I don't think the new firmware is a miraculous one, but it did correct the Macro problem on the activity buttons. Anyhow, I've downloaded its RAW data to the Diagnosis Area (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13002).

Cheers and happy new year!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosito wrote:
I've downloaded its RAW data to the Diagnosis Area

I have had time for a quick look at your raw data file. Unfortunately it still uses the same coding scheme for activity setup as the original R00 firmware, so there is nothing more that RMIR can do with it. Sorry.
rosito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have had time for a quick look at your raw data file. Unfortunately ... there is nothing more that RMIR can do with it. Sorry.

Many thanks again for your input mathdon!

Would you know whether the AudioHelp and VideoHelp buttons could be customized? I've already tried keymoves and macros, but in the Activity Mode it seems that both help buttons use an internal chosen code for the input choice. Problem is... sometimes this input code is not the correct one.

For my Sony STR-DN1010 A/V Receiver with setup code 2172 for exemple, it insistes on choosing only the DMPort (an accessory port for old Sony receivers without USB). Again, the older URC-7960 seems to do a better job: With the same setup code 2172 it cycle toggles among every analog input (not the ideal choice either, since I would like and need the 4 HDMI ports anyway). I would like to be able to program the AudioHelp to always use the EFC5 44744 or 45256, which stands for Input Up and Input Down, respectively).
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rosito wrote:
Would you know whether the AudioHelp and VideoHelp buttons could be customized? I've already tried keymoves and macros, but in the Activity Mode it seems that both help buttons use an internal chosen code for the input choice.

I'm afraid the answer to this one is that we do not know how to customise them. It may be possible, but we do not know how the remote gets the code that it sends when these buttons are pressed, so do not know how to change it. Thank you for the interesting information that the 7960 and 7962 send different signals from these buttons for the same setup code, 2172. That might give us a clue. I have both of these remotes so when I have time I may be able to look into this, but no promises.
rosito

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
... when I have time I may be able to look into this, but no promises.

Hey Graham, no worries. No need to say there are no promises either... I know it and I think everyone here at the forum should be thankful to you and the experts' team for all that you guys have already achieved.

Just in case, the EFC5 for DMPort for AMP SetupCode 2172 is 27340.
Forgot to mention that these sent codes happen only when AudioHelp (and VideoHelp) is set to "On" (Magic > WatchTV/Movie/Listen > Audio/VideoHelp > 2 blinks). When they are set to "Off" (4 blinks), crazy stuff happens... Input changes, Audio mode changes to finally, after around 5 key presses, it completely turns the Receiver off.

Cheers!
rosito

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good and Bad news....

Good: It's easy to customize the AudioHelp and VideoHelp keys!
Bad: I assumed too quickly the AudioHelp was crazy... ;ˆP

More info... My fault here... It seems that the AudioHelp and VideoHelp keys borrow their functions from the AV/clear key (next to "0" and "9" keys) setup function. And they depend on the activity flag. In my case, both WatchTV and WatchMovie are set to flag 2 (TV + STB/DVD + AMP). So the AudioHelp borrows my AMP's AV function and VideoHelp borrows my TV's AV function. I confirmed it programming a Keymove on the TV's AV (TV 0650 Menu Key/Function), which became the new AudioHelp function.

My original problem appeared form the fact that I had programmed every discrete input from my Sony Receiver on the 1-9 Number Keys plus -/--, 0 and AV. This last one for the DMPort...!

On the negative side, when leaving the Audio Action "Off" on RMIR's Activities Tab, it still acts crazy. Leaving it "On" gives no function at all to my 2172 AMP Setup Code. At least not sticking to DMPort but still contrasting to the "Analog Input Toggle" that works on my older URC-7960. Only now I can use whichever EFC5 I please ;ˆD

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: