JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ProScan LED LCD TV, Model PLED2243B

View previous topic :: View next topic  
netflocks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: ProScan LED LCD TV, Model PLED2243B Reply with quote

1. Device: ProScan LED LCD TV, Model PLED2243B
2. Type of device: Television
3. Year: 2014
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Millenium 4
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes. I believe all codes there are too old. It seems ProScan must've changed their codes at some point
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes. Again, these are all old codes (CRT or old rear projection)
9. Partially working setup code? None found.
10. Learning remote question? N/A
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes. None of the ProScan codes for the Millenium 4 seem to do anything.

A few notes:
This is probably the same as the PLED2234A, which seems to be in the Logitech Harmony database. According to an eBay seller, the remote is apparently the same for PLCD1526A, PLD3283C, PLDED3996A-D, PLED1526A-D, PLED1960A, PLED1962A, PLED2243A-G, PLED2243B, PLED2402A, PLED2435A-B, PLED2694A-B, PLED3792A, and possibly others.

If anyone has any way of getting the codes, I'd be grateful.

Thanks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ProScan LED LCD TV, Model PLED2243B Reply with quote

netflocks wrote:
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes. None of the ProScan codes for the millenium 4 seem to do anything.

While the codes might not be built into the millenium 4, you can build an upgrade from the codes you find there. Try building an upgrade from the information you found for Tv/2256.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
netflocks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: ProScan LED LCD TV, Model PLED2243B Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
netflocks wrote:
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes. None of the ProScan codes for the millenium 4 seem to do anything.

While the codes might not be built into the millenium 4, you can build an upgrade from the codes you find there. Try building an upgrade from the information you found for Tv/2256.

Oops, it actually hadn't occurred to me that I can program those codes in since the EFC's are given.

No luck, however. I tried all the unique power codes for all the EFC sets under code 2147 and under code 2256. None of them worked to power the device on or off.

I'm reasonably certain I created the device file correctly. I set the protocol and device number, which caused the PID and FIXED values in RM to match those in the database.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you did everything correctly.

Give this upgrade a try. Make sure you change the remote, I didn't know what Millennium to pick.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13005
netflocks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
It sounds like you did everything correctly.

Give this upgrade a try. Make sure you change the remote, I didn't know what Millennium to pick.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13005

That works! This is the second time you've helped me out by uploading updates on this forum. I really appreciate it. Thank you very much!

I do have a few corrections. I found (by trial and error) the EFCs for the on-screen guide, aspect ratio, and favorites buttons. The number keys were also in the wrong order, so I fixed that.

I think this corrected / tested RMDU would be a good addition to the files section. Should I just go ahead and upload it? The only things I'm not certain about are if the buttons that cycle through the favorites are in the correct order. I've tested all the others.

I'll also post my notes here (Function name is on one line, HEX code is on next), in case it's useful to anyone:

Code:
B7

6F

4F

guide
0D

favorite
2F

next favorite
8D

prev favorite
CD

aspect
AF
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes PLEASE add your upgrade.

Also, we don't care about the hex, we care about the OBCs. OBC's are meaningful, hex usually isn't.

I wonder if the numbers changed from model to model, highly unlikely, that part usually stays the same from model to model.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: