JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Do RMIR upgrades work on MAXQ610 based remotes?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim-W

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Do RMIR upgrades work on MAXQ610 based remotes? Reply with quote

Am I right in assuming that RMIR upgrades do not work on MAXQ610 based remotes? At least they don't work for me.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why they should not work. Can you post files (a .rmir file of the setup and a .rmdu file of the upgrade) that do not work so that I can test this?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the protocol. Protocols.ini may not have an entry for MAXQ for some. Needs to be taken case by case.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR file for mathdon

Using RemoteMaster.v2.03Alpha25e
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Jim

I can see nothing wrong with your .rmir file. I don't have a Charter OCAP C4000 (URC-1060BC2) which is what your remote seems to be, but I have loaded your four .rmdu files into the nearest that I have, which is an Atlas 1056B03 and is also a MAXQ610 processor. All four upgrades seem to work exactly as expected, with the signals tested with a Widget and IRScope.

What is it that happens with your remote? I am at a loss to understand why the upgrades work with my Atlas and not with your Charter OCAP.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote itself appears to work, the correct device light flashes with the corresponding button but it's apparently sending the wrong signal.

These upgrades work on my Atlas 1056B01, RCRP05BR and OARUSB04G.

Does not work on the 1060BC3 or the URC-8820BC2-MOTO

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all coming back to me now. When we first tried to support the JP2 8820, we never got it to load new protocols from RMIR and have them actually work. 3FG was helping me, but we eventually dropped it, mainly because the 8820 was so limited anyway and I thought it wasn't worth the effort. It was as if the remote had the protocol loaded in memory but wouldn't use it, for whatever reason. Some more testing and troubleshooting needs to be done.

3FG, do you remember the protocol issue on this remote?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Please learn a few of the non-working signals from the Charter remote to e.g. the RCRP05B. Then we can use the RMIR from the RCRP05B to see what signals the Charter is actually sending. That will help us to understand the problem.

ETA: Was cross-posting with mdavej. Actually I don't remember the issue at all. So Jim, I guess we would want learns from both remotes which aren't working. Also, we should compare RMIR files saved before uploading to the remotes to ones downloaded from the remotes after they have been disconnected and used briefly.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13149

All learns are from the 1060BC3
"CBL" learns are from WMC upgrade and should be MCE protocol
"AUD" learns are from the Emotiva Fusion upgrade

Actually I was wrong about the the other remote (8820BC2), the upgrades work, it just doesn't support External Functions/Keymoves.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted a revised RDF file which corrects what I hope is an error in describing the device button order. Please put this file in your RDF folder, and download from the remote. Then add your upgrades, and upload to the 1060BC3.

The learns on the RCRP05B strongly suggest that the 1060BC3 had reset itself, so that channel and volume lock were turned on, and the default setup codes seem to have been restored. So that caused me to look for errors in the RDF. I reviewed the previous threads on this remote, whcih show that nobody has so far gotten an upgrade to work, nor have we really verified that all of the button numbers in the RDF file are correct. I did remove 3 apparently spurious phantoms from the button list.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, and even with the new RDF it's still resetting the device codes and punch throughs.

It's totally understandable if you don't want to keep messing with this thing, but if you do I'll be glad to do what ever you need on my end, my weekend is free and clear.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be very happy to get to the bottom of this, but I think most of the effort will fall on you.

Please download JP2Sniffer. I want to use a lower level program than RMIR to read from the remote because RMIR depends on the RDF file, and the RDF file is likely wrong in some respects. Start with a 981 reset. On the JP2Sniffer High Level tab, click Download from E2. Use Write Segs to File to save the result. Next, disconnect the interface cable, and manually program the remote to have different setup codes. Let's go with Cable 01376, TV 10178, DVD 21061, and AUX 31815. Reconnect and download/write segs again, of course keeping track of the file names.

Next, using the 995 command, manually program macros on the A,B, C, and D buttons. You should be able to assign 15 buttons per macro, I think. Again keep track of which buttons are in each macro, and save this segment file. Now change over to RMIR, download from the remote, and save the resulting RMIR file.

I know this is a lot of work, but we need to make sure of each detail in order to verify the RDF file.

Thanks,

ETA: Next, in RMIR make a small upgrade (don't load an existing one) using the NEC1 executor. Just put OBC 0 through 9 to the digit buttons, save the RMIR file,and then up load to the remote. Disconnect the cable, press a couple of digit buttons, download again and save the RMIR file. Eventually we're going to find which step(s) cause the remote to reset.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get this done, will be late tonight CST or tomorrow.

Something like this for the macros?

Code:
1060BC3 MACROS
--------------
A/Yellow    B/Blue     C/Red       D/Green
TV          PAUSE      9           LIVE
SETUP       REC        0           VIDEO_SOURCE
POWER       AUX        Input       DAY+
Vol+        INFO       GUIDE       DAY-
VOL-        EXIT       FAV         MUTE
CH+         1          Prev_Page   OnDemand
Ch-         2          Next_Page   Sys_OnOff
LAST        3          MyDVR       Replay
CBL         #/Aspect   UP          PIP On/Off
DVD         4          DOWN        PIP Swap
REW         5          LEFT        PIP Move
PLAY        6          RIGHT       PIP_Ch+
FFWD        7          OK/SELECT   PIP_Ch-
STOP        8          MENU   

Codes
-----
CBL 01376   TV 10178   DVD 21061   AUX 31815

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to do them in any order, the following will make it easier to spot deviations from the existing RDF:
A/Yellow: TV, SETUP, POWER, VOL+, ,VOL-, CH+, CH-, LAST, CBL, DVD, REW, PLAY, FFWD, STOP

B/Blue: PAUSE, REC, AUX, INFO, EXIT, 1, 2, 3, #/Aspect, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

C/Red: 9, 0, Input, GUIDE, FAV, Prev_Page, Next_Page, MyDVR, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, OK/SELECT, MENU

D/Green: LIVE, VIDEO_SOURCE, DAY+, DAY-, MUTE, OnDemand, Sys_OnOff, Replay, PIP On/Off, PIP Swap, PIP Move, PIP_Ch+, PIP_Ch-

But any order will work.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I got all this right

1060 Test Files
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: