JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 25e Bug?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim-W

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 25e Bug? Reply with quote

Windows 8 x64
RemoteMaster v2.03 Alpha 25e

When I close RMIR the JavaSE process keeps running, when I re-open RMIR it opens another JSE process, before long I've got a bunch of JSE processes running and eventually get the Windows "Out of Memory" popup.

I wrote a little batch file to kill the processes

taskkill /im javaw.exe /f

Not that big of an issue, just thought someone might want to know.

Thanks

Jim

Edit: I'm running the latest x64 JSE
yaworski

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have access to Windows machine at this moment but I've tried RMIR on Linux with 64bit JVM and I can't replicate the problem.

There is one thing you can try. Change the app theme in Options -> Look and Feel to a different one then close RMIR (the JVM process may still be running so kill it) and then open it again, close it and check if the JVM process is still running. Try all available themes this way and let me know.

Some time ago I've found and fixed a bug that prevented JVM process to be closed on Linux and it was related to selected app theme, so maybe this also is somehow related.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing themes does not help.
yaworski

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you do anything in the RMIR before closing it? Or does the JVM process stay alive even when you only open it and close it immediately without doing anything in the app?
Jim-W

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can just open and close it without doing anything and JSE continues. When I close RMIR, JSE moves to Background processes.
yaworski

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be somehow related to Win 8 because I've just tried on Win 7 with latest Oracle Java 8u25 x64 and I can't replicate it in any way.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using 64-bit Windows 8.1 with 64-bit Java 1.7.0 and RMIR v2.03 Alpha 25e and also cannot reproduce this problem. Task Manager shows the JVM while RMIR is open but it disappears, and does not reappear in Background Processes, when I close RMIR. Are you opening RMIR in some indirect fashion that is keeping the JVM running?
Jim-W

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried Windows 7 and also could not reproduce this problem. On the problem Win8 machine running Java 1.8.0.25. I've tried 32bit and 64bit Java, same issue.

I better do a clean boot and see if it's something I'm running is causing this.

Also this is still Win 8 Pro x64, not Win 8.1.

I'll keep you posted
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Until recently I was running Windows 8 and am not aware of this happening, but I did not specifically look for it. I was forced to upgrade to Windows 8.1 by Microsoft. I ignored all the startup messages about "Upgrade for free" but eventually my machine said it would upgrade to Windows 8.1 when I next restarted. There was absolutely nothing I could do to stop it happening. I hoped there would be some licence conditions I could decline to accept, or some other get-out, but no, it was unstoppable.
Jim-W

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the problem, I run Actual Window Manager which has a setting that was messing with it, disabled that and fixed.

I used to get that Upgrade to Win 8.1 upgrade too, the first time I tried it and it jacked my computer, luckily I had a backup, restored back to Win 8. Found a reg fix and that stopped it... happily still running Win 8 with no upgrade notices.

Someday I'll update when I totally reinstall, ugh tons of custom settings and all kinds of dev software with custom settings. Not something I'm looking forward too.

I'm really sorry about the false alarm, I should have done my homework before posting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: