JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackssr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Got it now. Created upgrade for Sharp TV and Xfinity Cisco Cable box using your directions. Both of these only required 2 additional learns be added to upgrade. I tested last night and uploaded today.

The Marantz is a different story. Quite a few learns would have be to added manually. Is it common for this to occur or is the Marantz an isolated instance? I will work on it this weekend.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conversion is a fairly new feature and a very basic one. Anything complex still needs to be done manually. Complex devices like AVRs often have very complex upgrades, using many different devices and subdevices. Some have hundreds of commands, most of which aren't even on the original remote.

Do compare yours with Xnappo's every step of the way or you will never understand it. You can also do it in groups of like devices/subdevices and copy/paste to combine them, once you have the right protocol.
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - Marantz had all the codes on their web site - so there is no need for learns really.

http://us.marantz.com/DocumentMaster/US/Marantz_AV_SR_NR_IR_CODE_V03.xls
blackssr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^. I have a Pronto 7500 that I use just for discretes. I probably have over 40 devices that I have saved over the years on that Pronto. I keep adding to it as new IR codes are released. It comes in handy especially with new AVRs.

I wish "ALL" manufactures would issue discretes for power. This would make things a lot easier especially with regards to the Xsight line. IMHO the Harmony line make discretes less important but they are still nice to have for other remotes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if Marantz works the same as my Denon (should be since they're the same company), but I discovered that simply sending any discrete input command alone will not only switch inputs, but also act as a discrete on. That makes my macros very simple and requires no delays between any steps.
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I don't know if Marantz works the same as my Denon (should be since they're the same company), but I discovered that simply sending any discrete input command alone will not only switch inputs, but also act as a discrete on. That makes my macros very simple and requires no delays between any steps.

I just found this out last week. I have the Denon X5200W. Hit any input and the Denon turns on and is already on that input. Way Cool and cuts startup delay by 4 secs at least. I just modified all my Activities in RM-IR for Xsight 18

The Marantz NR-1403 doesn't have this feature and I do not recall if the Denon 4520CI or Pioneer SC-77 had it either.
blackssr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Malformed signal: ROM burst index out of range Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12939

I was attempting to create a device upgrade for a JVC 65" LCD TV (Model #JVC-EM65FTR). I learned all keys from OEM remote into XSight18. I am using RM-IR and several learns have this message:

Malformed signal: ROM burst index out of range

I proceeded to learn the same keys into Pronto edit and then teach those keys into XSight using the Pronto 7500 as the source. I rec'd the same message.

Do any of the experts have any ideas on what I can be doing wrong or what the message means?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why the error occurs, but the message is correct: the learns are malformed. The duration of the burst pairs is missing.
For the purpose of creating an upgrade, you can:
A) Notice that the digit buttons OBCs form a sequence, and so the OBC for digit 8 is 40; digit 2 is 34. You can guess that CH- is either 24 or or 26.

B) I imported the UEISignal Data into IRScope and it tells me the device numbers and OBCs, even though it can't recognize the JVC IR protocol. CH- OBC is 24.

C) You can open up an existing JVC upgrades and see the OBCs there.
bimolia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted spam
blackssr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found discretes for a new JVC TV that a friend purchased on Black Friday. They are in pronto format. I pasted into pronto edit and then learned into Xsight using the Pronto 7500. Is there an easier way to do this? I copied and pasted using Pronto Edit. Does RM-IR have such a feature? It would be great to cut out a step and paste directly into RM-IR.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IRScrutinizer,IRMaster and IRScope all convert pronto hex directly to JP1. Take your pick. In Scrutinizer, paste in your code and press Scrutinize. It will tell you the protocol, device, subdevice and OBC to enter into an RM upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: