JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackssr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
blackssr wrote:
Why may I ask, is my config so complicated and issue ridden? It only has 8 devices. My Prontos handled even more devices over the years with aplomb.

It isn't the number of anything, not of devices or even of learns. It is that your setup has situations that I have not previously encountered. Three of these are device names with leading spaces, function names with trailing spaces, and macros with learned signals. There are doubtless more that I have dealt with and forgotten, and more that I have not yet come across.

I have had to work out from scratch how this remote works, in order to incorporate it into RMIR. Look at the raw data tab. There is no manual on how to interpret that mass of hex values, we in this group just have to sit down and work it out for ourselves. It is not like any other remote that UEI has produced. I cannot foresee all possible situations in such a complex remote. So when something new comes along, I try to deal with it. What you should be surprised at is not that there are a few things in RMIR that still cause problems, it is the enormous amount that actually WORKS.

I am understanding more and more what MR-IR is capable of. As I learn more things, tips and get hands experience, I can appreciate the work that when in to this project. Thank you and others for that. I try to apply this newly acquired knowledge when building a new configuration from scratch to better understand and plan my configuration first to avoid issues later down the road.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:
The Sharp TV had 2 learns that were listed as protocol "**multiple**" and could not be included with the other learns that were all the same. I left those 2 out and created an upgrade using Auto Convert Function. Is it impossible to merge those 2 learns with the new device so it will include them in the final device upgrade?

Is it impossible? No, it is entirely possible! Any device upgrade, however produced, can be edited from the Devices tab by selecting it and pressing the Edit button. This opens the Device Upgrade Editor. Adding new functions is a two-stage process. First you create a new function in the Functions tab of the editor, then you assign it to a button in either the Buttons or Layout tabs. The necessary data for creating the function can be found from the Learned Signals tab, as if you double-click the **multiple** entry you will get a list of the various interpretations that RMIR has found for this learn. One should be for the same protocol as the functions that you were able to include in the upgrade.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are just poor learns. Learn them again or look at a similar upgrade.
blackssr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Got it. Thanks. That worked, Learned again and no longer **Multiple** but still a different device from the other 20 learns. I still cannot include them in the Auto Convert function.
blackssr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made a lot of progress. I have learned and auto converted 6 devices using OEM remotes and RM-IR. I will test before uploading to web site. Thanks for all your help. I am still confused on how to create a device upgrade when auto convert forces me to leave out learns that are not all the same.

Do I create several auto converts with similar learns and then somehow merge into one?, thus creating a single device upgrade. I have been working with the Marantz learns to try and figure this out. Still confused on this one.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at xnappo's marantz and all will be clear. It's identical to all your learns and has a mix of devices and subdevices. In similar cases, use a combo protocol. Post your RMIR file with the learns and we can take a look at the one of your other issues.
blackssr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
all will be clear.

Ya think, Really? I hope so. Laughing
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you just need to use the combo protocol, which allows you to have multiple 'devices' in one upgrade.. Just look at your learned signals, and look at my upgrade.. Then sleep, then look again Very Happy

xnappo
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Post your RMIR file with the learns and we can take a look at the one of your other issues.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12912

I uploaded all of my OEM Learns that I have done so far. I have converted the Samsung Sound Bar, KDLInks, Denon and Dune Base 3D using the auto convert and tested the devices upgrades. They worked fine. The issues are the Sharp TV and the Marantz AVR.

The sharp only required two separate devices upgrades. Still having difficulty merging into one.
The Marantz will require a few and waiting to figure out the Sharp before diving into this one.
blackssr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Device Upgrades Reply with quote

I uploaded these device upgrades. I am confident they are correct. If not please let me know.
Thanks.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12915
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12916
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12913
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12914
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12917
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Sharp, convert all the learned device 1 signals to an upgrade. In the Device Upgrade Editor/Setup Tab, change the protocol executor from Sharp to Sharp Combo (Official). On the functions tab, change the device from 0 to 1 for the entire column. Manually add the two device 17 signals.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you contribution. For your Denon, check out my 900W upgrade which is practically identical to yours but also has several more discretes plus all Zone 2 commands.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12879

This Sharp is also nearly identical to yours but has several more commands:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10409

Since codes within a product family change very little from year to year, you can often save yourself a lot of time and effort if you start with one of our upgrades for a similar model and just fill in the differences. Like the Denon above and our other Sharp, Samsung and Tivo, all of which are very close to your upgrades. At least you learned a lot in the process. Nice work.
blackssr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Manually add the two device 17 signals.

This is where I am confused. I do not how to do this. Where do I get the info from and how do I manual add it?
blackssr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Thanks for you contribution. For your Denon, check out my 900W upgrade which is practically identical to yours but also has several more discretes plus all Zone 2 commands.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12879

This Sharp is also nearly identical to yours but has several more commands:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10409

Since codes within a product family change very little from year to year, you can often save yourself a lot of time and effort if you start with one of our upgrades for a similar model and just fill in the differences. Like the Denon above and our other Sharp, Samsung and Tivo, all of which are very close to your upgrades. At least you learned a lot in the process. Nice work.

You are very welcome and thanks to you and all the experts.

I enjoy learning all I can when met with a challenge. I am much better with RM-IR now that I can create my own upgrades for my devices. I know I can modify others work but really would like to create from scratch. I enjoy it and do not consider it work. I have been working hard to comprehend how to create upgrade from learns like the Marantz and Sharp that I uploaded yesterday. Just want to learn how to do it for myself. I have many discretes loaded into my Pronto for every device that I have owned in the past 10 years. I plan to add those later on for my uploaded device upgrades. I will do this once I finally understand how to create upgrades from the Marantz learns and similar circumstances.

Last edited by blackssr on Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:
3FG wrote:
Manually add the two device 17 signals.

This is where I am confused. I do not how to do this. Where do I get the info from and how do I manual add it?
Learned tab in RMIR has all the info. Look at Name, Device and OBC for the first command and you'll see Guide, 17, 24. With your Sharp upgrade open in RM, go to the Functions tab, click New, enter that same info in the Name, Device and OBC fields (Guide, 17, 24). Repeat for the other command.

Similar story for Marantz. Compare all the info in your learns with xnappo's upgrade and you'll see how it all matches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: