JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with URC-6012B and 8MB EEPROM with Special Number $1E0A

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lyndon Wills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: Help with URC-6012B and 8MB EEPROM with Special Number $1E0A Reply with quote

I've added an 8MB EEPROM, 6-pin header, and JP2 wire to my 6012B. I did the 981 reset, and I believe that the remote is able to perform uploads and downloads.

The special number reported by testEEPROM.exe is 1E0A. I haven't been able to find any RDF or TXT files to work with 1E0A.

I also haven't found any information about where the RDF and TXT file come from. Can somebody give me a clue?

I used a Catalyst Serial EEPROM, PN: CAT24WC64J. Was this a mistake?

Thanks.

Lyndon
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to move this over to the Extenders forum because the help you are asking for is help with setting up the 8k extender.

Rob
vekman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: RDF for RCU-6011/6012 wiith 8kByte memory (0x1e0a) Reply with quote

Hi !
If I had come across your mail, I would not have needed to go thro' the trouble of locating this address. Anyway, I got same address on my RCU-6011B after installing same EEPROM (Catalyst part) you installed on 6012. I also have edited existing RDF to work for this address. If you need it, I can provide it.
Thanks,
-vekman
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, could you save your new RDF in the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Extenders/URC-6012/ folder. That way hopefully one of the experts can verify that it's good and it's there for the next person that needs it.
vekman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !
I have uploaded the zip file containing rdf and hex dump on the link robman suggested. Anybody who as URC 6011 series of remotes that they have upgraded with 8kByte EEPROM (that returns setup area address of 0x1e0a), can try it out. It contains both plain and extender3 versions derived from 6012ex3_1.zip distribution.
Thanks,
-vekman
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for future reference, where did you get that EEPROM and what is the brand name and model number?
Lyndon Wills

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a Catalyst EEPROM, PN: CAT24WC64J that I bought from Mouser.
vekman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !
I too got catalyst part from mouser. Exact part no. is as follows :
698-CAT24WC64J-1.8 (8192 X 8, 64K Catalyst Serial EEPROMs)

Since I was concerned about possibility of normal voltage part not working well at low cell voltages, in case I use Ni-Mh batteries, I had opted for 1.8V part even though it was costing slightly higher.

I have bad experience with RCU810 remote with low cell voltages. It occationally resets while pressing keys quickly. I kind of suspect that it comes from use of Ni-Mh batteries that would supply slightly less voltage than the alkaline cells (4.8V compared to 6.0V). I changed the remote initially suspecting it to be a bad piece, but the second one too is giving the same problem, though less frequently. The second piece is a bit more tolerant than the first one, but not entirely bullet-proof. Consequently, I never bother to set the clock on the unit, since it keeps on reseting every once-in a while anyways.

Thanks,
-vekman
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: