JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upload problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwcldwll

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Upload problem Reply with quote

Thanks for the Newbie nest- Ive just hatched.
Im working with an Ultra pogo from Filebug and a RS 15-2117. Although I got it to download twice- and saved the files It wont upload back to the remote- It Complains " Did not receive response (acknowlegment) from the remote after sending data". Ive tried it with new batteries, weak batteries and no batteries with no success. I did the reset routine from the manual on the remote which only partially reset the unit and now it reports"memory fault" when I try to Learn a new IR code. Any Ideas of other things I should try to get the Upload working??? Also, is there a "full reset" function for this unit and if so how is it implemented??? Thanks for your help. John
jwcldwll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Radio Shack support and got info on how to do a full reset to factory default and this fixed the memory fault error. Here's the code-
P> Code set, record, record, select.
Maybe this will be useful to someone else..
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link which will probably be useful to you...
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?2448

Btw, why are you using a pogo-pin adapter with the 15-2117, it has JP1 pins pre-installed.

Rob
jwcldwll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob...Thanks for the links- They'll be more useful after I get an interface working.
I decided to build a simple interface per Tommy Tylers Rev 5 and try again-
using the 6 pin connector that came on the Filebug "ultra". This adaptor also checks out good but gives the complaint "IR unable to determine size of EEprom- This can happen if remote is larger than $8000 or if interface is not functioning properly". The filebug ultra usually gave the same message when attempting to download.
BTW-Youre right- Im not using the extra pogo pins -I just used that name for the adaptor since that is how filebug refers to it.
jwcldwll

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: It works! Reply with quote

I decided to try the simple interface an a different computer and it works like a champ- I bet the Ultra would also work. Interesting- the "good" computer is a P11 233 and the "Bad" computer is a P111 733mhz- both are running Win98 SE. Who knows what mysteries lurk in the hearts and minds at Redmond......
now I can try out the wonders of JP1. :)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: It works! Reply with quote

jwcldwll wrote:
Who knows what mysteries lurk in the hearts and minds at Redmond......
It has nothing to do with Uncle Bill's software. Instead, the JP1 interface and the remotes EEPROM are sensitive to the voltages available on the parallel port, which can vary greatly from one computer to the next.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: