JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DVDs using NEC1 dev 0, no subdevice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: DVDs using NEC1 dev 0, no subdevice Reply with quote

I just made an Excel sheet sorting and merging the OBC to function name mapping for 26 KM upgrades for DVDs that use NEC1 protocol, device 0, no subdevice.

I was expecting a lot of duplication (that the files would group into just a few distinct code sets). I found far more of them were unique than I expected.

The non unique were:

A) All four of the Daewoo, the Elta, the Momitsu and one of the two Coby were all nearly identical and the Sungale was very close to them.

B) The Himax was nearly the same as one of the two Norcent and the Zensonic was very close to those.

C) The Memorex was identical to the Tevion.

The other 13 out of 26 were totally unique, none similar to any of the three groups above nor any two similar to each other.

I'll post a cleaned up copy of that XLS sheet later, since it might be a useful resource for anyone who has just a few NEC1:0 decodes for some DVD. It has the filename of each upgrade file heading a column of all the functions arranged by OBC.

If anyone knows of errors (such as function names selected badly) in the construction of those upgrades, please tell me. At this point I don't know whether some of the stranger differences among files that are largely the same represent real firmware differences or errors in building the upgrades.

Also, if you remember or notice this thread when adding any new NEC1:0 DVD upgrades, please call my attention to them so I can keep this up to date.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are other devices that use this device code too, it's so common now that the guys at UEI simply refer to it as "FF 00".

As I spot the other devices, I'll post something about them here.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uploade that file
NEC1_0_DVD_summary.zip

In addition to indexing the 26 other files in that directory that are NEC1:0, it also lists the UEI built-in (on some models) setup code for DVDs that are NEC1:0, plus a few CCF files.

Most of the upgrades don't correspond to any built-in setup code and most of the setup codes don't correspond to any upgrades, and the CCF files mostly don't match anything (except for a Redstar CCF that matches one of the Daewoo upgrades, a Himage CCF that matches the Citizen upgrade and a Momitsu CCF for the same model as the upgrade).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a new device upgrade that uses NEC1 dev 0

It's for a Terminix AllClear Mosquito Mister Lantern Edition with Naturals:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12814

NEC1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider devices which use NEC1 Device 0 (no Subdevice or Parameter) to be like a cancer, and can bring contention problems when two or more devices that use such a setup are in the same room.
But on a positive note, it helped me "rebuild" a number of remotes for such devices.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: