JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackssr, if you post your file, Mathdon can probably fix RMIR to handle your config.
blackssr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Blackssr, if you post your file, Mathdon can probably fix RMIR to handle your config.

I will as soon as I figure out how. Laughing
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000
Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24g. This fixes the bug that prevented your remote from loading.

blackssr
I cannot promise that this new version fixes your bug, as I haven't got your raw download, but it is worth a try. It should, however, prevent you from getting a message about an error in the RDF. The RDF was picking up the wrong protocol for PID=0111 and I have amended protocols.ini to prevent this.
blackssr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try again this evening. At my office now. Thanks so much.

Update:

File is uploaded I think

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12799
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
wkupike2000
Please try RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24g. This fixes the bug that prevented your remote from loading.

blackssr
I cannot promise that this new version fixes your bug, as I haven't got your raw download, but it is worth a try. It should, however, prevent you from getting a message about an error in the RDF. The RDF was picking up the wrong protocol for PID=0111 and I have amended protocols.ini to prevent this.

The new version corrected my issue and I'm now able to download from the remote. Thanks!!
blackssr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:
mathdon wrote:
wkupike2000

blackssr

The new version corrected my issue and I'm now able to download from the remote. Thanks!!

Good deal. Mine still errors out and asks to restart and save raw file. I saved default and uploaded as per instructions.

Are you auto or HID? when downloading?

(mod edit) Link to uploaded file: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12799
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto/HID doesn't make any difference. Auto will pick HID if all is working properly. HID is the actual interface used for Xsight. Those of use with lots of different remotes use Auto mainly for convenience.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can now upload and download from the remote, move devices around, even added an activity. Everything was on the remote after the upload and the activity works except for the devices that were added with upgrades. Two were added from this link mdavej directed me to for my DirecTv receivers.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4687

They were already assigned Address 1 and Address 2 and work with the remotes still. They won't respond to the Xsight and no functions appear on the screen if I select those devices. The third device came from this link for my RCA home audio RT2390:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7101

Same as DirecTv receivers, doesn't work after upload and when I select it in Xsight no functions are shown on the screen. Rmaster.err file here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12800
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post your RMIR file as well.

Realize that no functions will be automatically assigned to the screen. You need to do that.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000,
I own a ARRX12G, so I tried these upgrades in my remote. They load fine, and I checked with an IR Widget to see if they shoot the intended signals. The DirecTV upgrades do send the correct signals. Regarding the RCA upgrade, something is wrong with either the upgrade or perhaps protocols.ini. All of the functions are read in as having an OBC of 0. This is not a Xsight problem; the same thing happens with a JP1.3 remote. I've uploaded a replacement upgrade to the Diagnosis area for you to try.

As mdavej has said, note that no functions will appear on the screen unless you explicitly assign functions to the softkeys using the Buttons tab in the Device Upgrade Editor. By default, loading an upgrade made for a non-Xsight remote will assign identifiable functions to existing hard buttons. If the name of a function in the upgrade can't correlated to an existing hard button, the function is left unassigned-- and RMIR tells you that.

When you are testing to see if an upgrade works at all, be sure to look at the upper right corner of the screen. When IR is being sent, a small red icon will turn on.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for tips on assigning to the screen and the correction to the RT2390 file. Here's my RMIR raw download file. I have not added the replacement upgrade file for the RT2390 as I wanted to keep everything as it was when I described my symptoms.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12802

I don't understand the below statement unless you mean the small icon in the upper center of the Xsight. When I select a device I used an upgrade for and hit a button on the Xsight, the little icon in the top center will flash red.

"When you are testing to see if an upgrade works at all, be sure to look at the upper right corner of the screen. When IR is being sent, a small red icon will turn on"
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, could we have your .rmir file too?
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the ignorance but I couldn't locate an .rmir file. What would the name look like? I only saw shortcuts and icons for RMIR but no files with that extension. I'll have to upload it late this as I don't have access at work & have a function after.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you save your file, it should default to RMIR and will be where ever you choose. It has all your devices and descriptions. The IR type contains no descriptive data whatsoever.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm doing it wrong as I'm new to RM/RMIR as of this past week. To get the file I uploaded, I opened RMIR, downloaded from remote, then I di the Raw Download. The file from that had the .IR extension only. Could you explain how to get the RMIR file? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: