JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Xsight Touch ARRX18G not found/recognized by Remote Master Reply with quote

I just received the Xsight Touch remote and was directed from AVS forum to use RM/RMIR as it's much better than the standard Xsight website. The problem is, even after following all instructions to download RM/RMIR, RDF's, Maps, etc the RMIR won't find my remote. My Java is up to date and I have no issues finding the remote using the Xsight website to upload/download to the remote. I'm connecting by USB.

None of the tutorials I used said I had to have a special cable but i did see mention of a JP1 cable in some threads. Is that cable necessary or are there other issues that could be keeping RMIR from finding my remote?

Thanks!

Last edited by wkupike2000 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As suggested by someone, I've not done anything other than install the program, add the RDF files to their folder and the Map files to the maps folder. I've opened RMIR and RM separately while RM prompted me to locate the maps and RDF folders which I did.

I then went to RMIR then Remote then Download from Remote where I get the error of no remotes found. I mdave told me in another forum that my interface type must be Auto or CommHID but I cannot locate that setting anywhere. I've searched the forums here, Googled it, etc with no luck. In RMIR I see the Interface menu but it has "Auto Detect" and three JP1 options, none which look like CommHID. I would attach my .err file but cannot locate an option to add attachments.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is no CommHID option, sounds like you have an old version of RMIR. Install everything from the first 4 links here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14804

To upload a file, go here and click Upload, then post a link to your file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35

The rmerror file will be in the same folder as remote master.

I won't have a chance to follow up for a day or two, so perhaps someone else will chime in.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reinstalling everything fixed the issue of connection at least. It recognized the Xsight from just using Auto but it then popped up an error. The error told me to restart RMIR then do the Raw Download and upload the file. I uploaded it to the file section here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12780
blackssr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same exact error here.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it's not just me. Make sure you post your file in the Software or Diagnosis section. Hopefully the more of us there are the quicker a solution will happen.

I have a RCA audio receiver that none of the 6 preprogrammed codes will work and I can't add anything from RM/RMIR until this gets corrected. I don't have the original remote so right now I can't use it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into this as soon as I have time. It will probably be later this week.
blackssr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I also get this if I leave on Auto instead of CommHID

"Error in RDF. Wrong variant specified for PID=01 11. Number of fixed/command bytes should be 3/1, for specified variant it is 2/1."
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks mathdon

blackssr, I'll try the CommHID when I get home from work. My error that's like yours comes from the Auto selection.
wkupike2000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck when switching to CommHID either.

Could I upload my current setup to my account on the web to save all the manual work I did, then create a totally new account to totally wipe the setup in hopes RMIR would then work with my remote?

That way if it will still won't recognize it on the 2nd online account, I can just login to my original account and send the setup I have now back to the remote. I need something to be able to try to add my RCA RT2390 receiver to the Xsight as I can't use it right now(no original remote)
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkupike2000 wrote:
Could I upload my current setup to my account on the web to save all the manual work I did, then create a totally new account to totally wipe the setup in hopes RMIR would then work with my remote?

You don't need to create a second account to wipe the remote clean. You can wipe it with the remote itself, as follows. Go to the Home page and scroll down to Settings. Select this and scroll down to Reset. Press Reset. You get another screen that says "Press below to reset", again with a button labelled Reset. Do NOT press this button, instead enter 981 from the keypad. The button will change to "Factory Reset". Press THAT button and you will be back in the state of a new remote.

If you do this, RMIR should work. If it still does not, I would be very interested to hear of it. At any point you still have the option of restoring your original setup from your EZ-RC account. Good luck and let us know what happens.
blackssr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the problems we are having due to having a profile or setup already on the remote? Is a blank remote required for RM-IR to download correctly on first usage? Then you build from scratch in RM-IR and upload to remote?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:
Are the problems we are having due to having a profile or setup already on the remote? Is a blank remote required for RM-IR to download correctly on first usage? Then you build from scratch in RM-IR and upload to remote?
No, it's just some data we haven't seen before. Nearly all of us started with an existing profile.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackssr wrote:

No, you should be able to download any setup, but the XSights are the most complex remotes we have dealt with, and it is not surprising if setups still arise that RMIR cannot yet handle. But when we come across them, like now, we do our best to amend RMIR so that it can handle them.
blackssr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm.. Interesting. I really like this remote and would love to use RM-IR with it. I just get that error mentioned in my previous post when I download to RM-IR. I click ok and it loads but gives me a corrupted profile when i send it back to the remote. My profile is finished now. i have 7 activities and 11 devices with 24 favorite channels. The RF is awesome and controls all my devices perfectly. If the web programming was better I would be happy. I just prefer a program like RM-IR to work for me should AR pull the plug on the web site. I still have several prontos 7500s that work but I wanted a "one hand rf remote" as I just upgraded and renovated my home. I love Pronto Edit because it is local based and I can use it forever in VMWare.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: