JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA URC 6440
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Then all that needs to be done is some detective work and renaming in the RDFs, i.e., phantom21 -> ffwd_long, etc. this should be easy. Just record a macro using all long key presses and see what the corresponding key cods are.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Then all that needs to be done is some detective work and renaming in the RDFs, i.e., phantom21 -> ffwd_long, etc. this should be easy. Just record a macro using all long key presses and see what the corresponding key cods are.

Are you using an out-of-date RDF? FastFwd and Rewind are already in the current RDF (the latest ones are here), unless we happen to have got the keycodes wrong. For the URC-6440 I have now changed the map file to put these on the main image, by splitting the overlays for the SkipFwd and SkipBack into two.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

Are you using an out-of-date RDF? FastFwd and Rewind are already in the current RDF (the latest ones are here), unless we happen to have got the keycodes wrong. For the URC-6440 I have now changed the map file to put these on the main image, by splitting the overlays for the SkipFwd and SkipBack into two.
I am using the latest. But you didn't take into consideration how clueless I can be at times. I didn't even notice them at the bottom Embarassed . I've taken the liberty to also modify the 6340 and 6540 maps to match your 6440. At least I can make that tiny contribution to the huge amount of work you've done.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12687

Thanks!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I've taken the liberty to also modify the 6340 and 6540 maps to match your 6440.

Thanks, Dave. I'll include them in the next post of RDF and map files.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had another thought. Since it's not obvious that the skip buttons have short and long press functions, what do you think about either adding some helpful text to the image itself (the words Short Press and Long Press with arrows pointing to the buttons) or renaming the functions themselves in the RDF (SkipFwd_ShortPress), or leave things as they are?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I just had another thought. Since it's not obvious that the skip buttons have short and long press functions, what do you think about either adding some helpful text to the image itself (the words Short Press and Long Press with arrows pointing to the buttons) or renaming the functions themselves in the RDF (SkipFwd_ShortPress), or leave things as they are?

As this short/long press function on these buttons is standard, not something added by JP1, my preference is to leave things as they are. But I'm happy to go along with the general consensus, if other users want to comment on this issue.

In any case it would not be possible to label the equivalent buttons on the URC-7990. This remote displays different icons on the buttons according to the device button selected. For some device buttons it shows SkipFwd/Back buttons and a long press does FastFwd/Rewind, for others it shows FastFwd/Rewind and a long press does SkipFwd/Back. Weird, but that is what it does. I've again split the overlay on these buttons but of course the image always shows the same icon (FastFwd/Rewind, as this is what shows for the most common devices).
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: OARUSB macro/LIST button functions Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
As it happens, the list button on OARUSB04G is marked macro/LIST and has unique functions (not present on 6440) which, when configuration has been done with JP1, interfere with any function placed on it.

- when pressed and released it behaves as if issuing the command twice, which performs an action and then immediately cancels it.
- if pressed and held, the configured command seems to be issued but is issued again after a few seconds, which cancels whatever function was performed, and presumably occurs once the remote has been put into the 'macro/activity mode':-

With OARUSB04G (but not 6440) and our setup, the Samsung TV List function works normally in it's device mode. However, for some reason when operating in either device or activity mode for the two Humax PVRs, any command configured on the 'List' button is immediately cancelled, as if List had been pressed twice.

A workaround is to put a command instead on the shifted-list key while leaving the List key empty. Then, if a DSM is added consisting just of shift-list, pressing the List button has these effects:

In device mode
- when List is pressed and released, the DSM (consisting of a single command, such as list) on shift-list is issued without it being cancelled straight away, which is the desired effect Smile
- when List is pressed and held until there are two flashes of the current device selection button, the next time any button is pressed the same device selection button flashes and the remote is put into TV device mode i.e. pressing a further button flashes the TV device selection button, and performs the TV device action for the remote button which was pressed.

In activity mode
- when List is pressed, the current Activity button and relevant device selection button flash together, and again on releasing the button, but nothing results.
- when List is pressed and held until the current Activity button and relevant Device selection button flash once again, the remote is found to have been put into the relevant device mode.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12717
MCE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to everyone! I have a 6440 (I think is a fantastic remote). I have a Media center PC and I don't really need to control more devices separately, but I really need just one little thing (I'm searching from years): SWITCH ON TV AND PC with one single button!

6440 remote do the job (using the combi function) but it's possible to avoid to press everytime the switch button for 3 seconds? Or, could be possible to associate two different IR codes to a sigle button (I mean, like a macro)?

Many thanks!

PS: if you have a Media Center PC (WME, xbmc, mediaportal, MythTV or whatever) and you have an Hauppauge IR blaster, I think this remote is what you were looking from years (you just have to set DVD to XBOX360 using 1708 code on the remote, in order to be able to wake up the PC from suspension just using the remote, and manage then everything, once waked up, using the event ghost software). If it's possible to avoid the 3 seconds wait, I will finally reach my dream! Obviously I know Logitech Harmony and co. but I just hate them (becouse of the lag, becouse I don't like the design, becouse are full of unnecessary features and buttons, becouse they are afterall expensive and consume batteries like a smartphone!) Very Happy
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MCE.

With 6440, for use in Device mode and even without JP1, and using a 9xx command, see JP1 wiki, ordinary global macros can be allocated to most of the buttons, other than the device buttons themselves.
I think holding the button labelled 'list' for 3 secs only applies to the 'official method' for OARUSB04G, which is the US equivalent to 6440 ('for the rest of the world') where the same button is labelled 'MACRO' as well as 'LIST', and macros can only go on non-numeric buttons.

The JP1 Wiki link is currently out of action but it goes something like this:-
995: Macros: To program a button to issue a series of commands
Macros may be up to 15 steps.
In any device mode the same series of commands will be issued.
Any button except device select can be set as a 'macro button'.
Ineffective buttons make pauses,
Include device selection buttons to change devices and for the end mode.
Learned commands supercede macros.
1. Hold the Setup button down until the lightblinks twice.
2. Press 9,9,5 the light will blink twice.
3. Press the button for the macro.
4 Then, in the desired order, press the buttons for a series of commands.
5. Hold the Setup button down until the light blinks twice.

[With JP1 and the RM program v2.03 alpha 24f, and the right rdf and map files, and even without the new extender, device specific macros are available as well as global macros (upper limit unknown)]

Last edited by tranx on Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
MCE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You changed my life .. really YOU CHANGED MY LIFE!!
How can I thank you?
During these years I spent lot of time on this problem, from phisically open remote controls to program a software that was able to understand the difference between a wake up from a remote control and an autimatic restore due to a TV-program recording (so that the PC itself could switch on/off the tv).

Ok, I was definitely on the wrong way, becouse I didn't know about JP1 and even reading the topic, from the beginning, I didn't understand this possibility at all

Pushing two buttons is nothing afterall, but my Home Teather PC was almost perfect and I always dreamed a complete system I can manage like a standard TV, using a remote control in the same way I used within a standard TV.
Also, I have never suffered the Logitech Harmony & others similar Smile
The 6440 is simple, nice and have the automatic backlight (!) .. and now is the best solution!! It's perfect, thanks to you!!
MCE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried with the blue button (it was the first test), and it works perfectly. I tried with the power button (obviously the target) but seems not to work: do you know if macros are working also with this button?
Many thanks!
MCE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCE wrote:
I tried with the blue button (it was the first test), and it works perfectly. I tried with the power button (obviously the target) but seems not to work: do you know if macros are working also with this button?
Many thanks!

Well, I siply reset the 6440 (using the settings.ini file from the web site) and now also the power button works ..PERFECT!!!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, MCE. The wiki is out of action, as tranx says, but some of the Help files are available. The Manual Programming Quick Reference (updated) spreadsheet is available, which gives details of a number of 9xx commands. Not all are available on the URC-6440, but Macros and Key Moves both are. Tranx has explained Macros. A Key Move enables you to put a command for one device on a button for another, so you can in effect make any device button be its own Combo mode.

You may also like to take the time to learn how to use RMIR, but that may need to wait until the Wiki is repaired. As a taster, here is some of what it can do. You can download your remote to it and see all the details of its present setup. You can edit the setup, including in ways that are not possible with 9xx commands. You can use it to install the very new Extender for the URC-6440, which gives you a Shift key that, in effect, doubles the number of buttons available for functions. You can install additional devices, so that although you only have 4 device buttons, by means of Key Moves you can put functions for additional devices on to buttons for the existing ones. I hope this taster encourages you to stay with us and get the maximum benefit from your URC-6440. We are still developing additional facilities for it, as I agree this is one of the best universal remotes that UEI has produced.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a copy of this post in another thread, where a discussion is taking place about this extender. I forgot to put a pointer in this thread when I posted the original message.

mathdon wrote:
I have now posted Extender v0.01 for the URC-6440. This is a very simple, and still experimental, extender that adds just one feature, a Shift key. A brief press of the List key provides shift action. If held for more than one second, it acts as a standard List key. If no other key is pressed after Shift, shift action times out after about 10 seconds.

Full installation and uninstallation instructions are in the ReadMe file in the zip package.

MCE

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mathdon: Thank you, I think could be very interesting for the HTPC world. Anyway, in my case, I do everything using the PC and Eventghost (by means of an additional IR blaster), the only think I wasn't able to do (before Tranx helped me) was to switch on TV and wake up PC simultaneously. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: