JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1.2 remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iboston

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: JP1.2 remote Reply with quote

I have a couple URC-10820N and URC7780.

What remotes are currently available that support JP1.2 and have the JP1 6 pin connector accessible through battery compartment.

Is there any difference between jp1.2 and jp1.3 that i need to be aware of? if you suggest a remote that is jp1.3

I would like a more simple remote that has the red/green/yellow/blue and can control up to two devices..

I am a long time supporter and have uploaded many IR's onto this website.. Hope someone can help.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite JP1.3: http://shop.inteset.com/multi-function-programmable-learning-remote

Cheapest: Comcast 1067BX3 from ebay

Most widely available: RCA RCRP05BR

Best: Xsight Touch (not JP1.3 but comes with it's own USB cable)

Best built but still cheap: http://www.walmart.com/ip/One-For-All-4-Device-USB-Universal-Remote/35275383 (again not JP1.3 but USB with included cable)

No significant difference between 1.2 and 1.3. All of the above work with Remote Master.

Thanks for your contributions!
iboston

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
My favorite JP1.3: http://shop.inteset.com/multi-function-programmable-learning-remote

Best: Xsight Touch (not JP1.3 but comes with it's own USB cable)

Best built but still cheap: http://www.walmart.com/ip/One-For-All-4-Device-USB-Universal-Remote/35275383 (again not JP1.3 but USB with included cable)

No significant difference between 1.2 and 1.3. All of the above work with Remote Master.

Thanks for your contributions!

Thank you.. There was a deal i couldn't pass up on ebay. I purchased 5 of the comcast 1067BX3 for $20.00

I Absolutely love my URC-7780's. I bought 5 of them. I have 3 of them tucked away for safe keeping still in there box.. Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7780 is very nice. Hard to find here in the US though. If you run across any more, post back. I'd love to pick up a few of those myself.

That's a good deal one those 1067's. On occasion you'll find them as low as $3. I think most of them fell off the truck, if you know what I mean.
iboston

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The 7780 is very nice. Hard to find here in the US though. If you run across any more, post back. I'd love to pick up a few of those myself.

That's a good deal one those 1067's. On occasion you'll find them as low as $3. I think most of them fell off the truck, if you know what I mean.

I bought them here in the U.S. from a shop in the U.K. When i had such great success with it, i ordered a bunch more from the guy.
gentzel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Last month I picked up 8 RCRP05BRs at a local WalMart for $1 each.
Unfortunately, shortly after that score, WalMart removed the ability to check store inventory for this item from their web site.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: JP1.2 remote Reply with quote

iboston wrote:

Is there any difference between jp1.2 and jp1.3 that i need to be aware of? if you suggest a remote that is jp1.3

There are two big differences

1. On a cable there can't be any wire connected to pin 5. The very early jp1.x "pre jp1.3 cables " had a wire on that pin.

2. The jp1.3 cables use the most common assembly language. So just about any upgrade you come across in the files section, that needs a custom protocol, will have a version that can be used with a jp1.3 remote. The jp1.2 remotes often need to be translated for jp1.2 remotes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it legal to buy/sell the Comcast 1067's on Ebay? Aren't they the property of Comcast?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyross wrote:
Is it legal to buy/sell the Comcast 1067's on Ebay? Aren't they the property of Comcast?
I've often wondered that myself. Seems like most of the cable and satellite equipment on ebay fell off a truck, so to speak. I suppose one possibility is the previous owner kept the remote after cancelling service, paid the penalty and now owns the remote free and clear. Could be salvage from hotels or other large customers of remotes the cable company doesn't want back. Most likely, IMO, installers or former installers looking to make a few extra bucks from the "surplus" inventory in their van.

The same can be said for most of our favorite JP1 remotes, not just the 1067, like Atlas and others.

I'd like to know if there are any legitimate sources out there.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought them from a company that recycled for Comcast . I also bought a big box of gray button remotes from a guy that bought storage lockers. I usually buy used remotes. AFAIK Comcast doesn't reuse the remotes when they are turned in by customers. You can ask the selllers about the source.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: