JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Daewoo DP-42SM EDTV Plasma TV - need discrete inputs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kalou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Daewoo DP-42SM EDTV Plasma TV - need discrete inputs Reply with quote

I have a Daewoo DP-42SM EDTV Plasma display and a RS 15-2116 programmable remote.
I have created a device upgrade using KM and IR with all the function/buttons of the original remote but I am looking for discrete codes to select each of the five inputs (video1/2, Component1/2, PC).

Hope this is the right place to post this.

Kalou
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you looked at the existing Daewoo upgrade files. IIRC, Chris Nappi (xnappo) tested all possible commands and there is a very recent one there done (or posted) by Rob Crowe, "Le Grand Fromage" of the JP1 group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/TV/
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an error in KM when I loaded Chris' file, so I created a new one using the latest KM. So the codes in mine are the same as the one's in Chris' file.
kalou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick feedback.
I loaded the new DP-42S file in KM and changed the remote to 15-2116 and setup code from 0623 to 0602 (I wanted to retain 0623 which is a valid code in my remote).
Uploaded with IR and the remote works OK except that many EFC codes in the KM file do not match the actual function code of the DP-42S
For example Volume down is EFC 116 and not 249.

This is not a major problem for me as I found all the EFC codes by "learning" into the remote, but I still would like to find the discrete EFC (if they exist) for each input selection.

I guess I need to hear from Chris Nappi why there is a descripency in some of the EFC codes and if the input selection codes in the KM file are valid.

kalou
Banta156

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: No Promises but,,, Reply with quote

Hello,

I was reading your post and thought that I MAY be able to help out wth this issue. The reason I say this is because I have a Daewoo 42" HD Plasma , and have a 15-2117 that I was able to get the functions that you describe. I have a separate button programmed to select each of the following inputs,,,

COMPONENT - DVI - RGB - AV1 - AV2 - AV3

There might be another but, not sure. The problem is that I have very little knowledge of any of this JP1 stuff because, as you can see from my status, I am a beginer. However, having said that, if you think that this might help you,( I have no idea if it will or not ), and you guys are willing to walk me through it, I will be happy to try to get the codes out of this thing for you to try. I just ask that your patient with me. Maybe I can somehow record the functions on say,, onto buttons 1-6, save the file with IR.exe and upload the file. You could then see the learned buttons sections and try the code out and see if it works your device. Would that even work? I really don't know what I am doing but, that seems like a logical step and I think I could do it without too much assistance.

Let me know if it sounds like I may be of help, or lead in the right direction. Hope I can help.

Banta
GO WINGS!!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a look at the various device upgrades for Daewoo Plasmas and it would be good to have a device upgrade for your model. I am assuming you are now using some of the learned commands from the Plasma

The fastest way is to save your existing configuration in IR, do a manufacturers reset (courtesy of Rob Crowe):

"Here's how you do a 981 style reset...

1) Hold SETUP (green P), till screen reads "CODE SET"
2) Press RECORD
3) Select MFR RESET from the LCD menu."

Then learn as many of the rest of the commands as you can, save the file in IR and zip together that file and the one you saved earlier and post to the diagnostics area and let us know it's there. If you didn't have enough room to learn all the keys add a third file. Make sure you put to together a cross reference from actual function to learned key name.

Once you are done with all the learning, do a manufacturer's reset and load the file you originally saved and you are back in business.

This is a good learning experience, since you will probably need this device upgrade for yourself. The codes should decode as Proton device 20. You can also make your own device upgrade by correcting/adding to the one Rob posted (if it is different).
kalou

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Banta,

Thank you for your offer to help.

My Daewoo Plasma model number is DP-42SM and it is an EDTV resolution screenm so I guess you might have a different model but hopefuly, the codes will be identical.

For Device code, I use TV 0623 with the RS-15-216 remote and this gives me the basic functions like power, volume ...
I then program some additional keys which I learned from the original remote,like for example the input selection key of the Daewoo remote is EFC code 118. This allows me to sequence through the five separate inputs Video1, Video2, Component1, Component2, PC. But I do not have a key for direct access to Component1 for example

I am very interested to find out how you learned the discrete codes to allow direct input selection:
- Do you have dedicated keys for each input on the original Daewoo remote which could be learned on the RS remote?
- Or did you try different EFC codes until you found the right one.

As you suggested, you can use IR.exe to capture the learned keys.
Then in IR, under the learned signals tab, each learned keys will be decoded with the protocol and EFC code info.
If you have problems decoding the learned keys, you could upload the .txt file to the JP1 group as Jon suggested.

Kalou
Banta156

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Files Posted into Diagnosis area Reply with quote

Hello,
Sorry for the delay. Here's the scoop.

I purchased a floor model Daewoo HD Plasma, model # PDH42L40. They didn't have the original boxed accessories so, this came with no remote. I did however go to a different store and they had the same display and also had the remote. The manager was kind enough to let me sit there for a half an hour and LEARN the codes onto my learning remote. I quickly discovered that there was a limited learning capacity and had to return to the store with a sony remote that would learn all of the comands. I am learning alot about these little guys. This was all done in haste and I wasn't quite sure what went where, even though I made a key while I was at the store. In the mean time, I ordered the original remote from Daewoo and it arrived today, so I was able to make an accurate key for all of the original buttons. I will admit that I still don't know what a couple of them do, but they are labeled properly.

I have uloaded a ZIP to the diagnosis area on the Yahoo JP1 group. Here is the link: The file is called Daewoo_PDH42L40

Daewoo_PDH42L40.zip

(Fixed Link 04/19)

Forgive me if this link is not suppose to be formatted like this.

What you will find in the zip is a DOC file with a color coded Key to the learned buttons on the original remote, along with a (pretty poor) image of the original remote. Also, due to the learning capacity of the 15-2117, there are three(3) TXT files with the learned commands downloaded in IR.exe. These text files are named RED/BLUE/GREEN and the KEY DOC is color coded to reflect which button is in which TXT file. I hope that this makes sense. Let me know if it does not, and I will try to clarify.

I hope this works out for you. If at all possible, it would be nice if someone with experience with this could create an upgrade that I could load back into my remote and have all of these buttons avalable to me under one device. I was going to set out to do this myself but, am not that far along yet.

QUESTION - If an upgrade is created, will it work for my 15-2117 AND my 8810w or, do separate upgrades have to be created for each remote? Sorry if this is a stupid question but, like I said, I am just starting out. I have both remotes and am undecided which one I will use.

BTW, I picked up the 8810w at Walmart yesterday. There were 4 available and it has Green Backlighting. The package has a sticker over the bottom portion of the remote that shows the remote illuminated. The sticker showed Green Illumination. I am wondering if the ones that are illuminated in Red, have that sticker, and if so, does it represent the Red color.

Thanks in advance for everything.

Banta
GO WINGS!!!!
kalou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banta,
Thank you very much for the downloads of the learned functions. This is great info.
Unfortunately for me, my model is not compatible with yours and nonr of the codes work on my Daewoo Sad

In any case, I posted a device update file: Daewoo_PDH42L40_Device_Upgrade.tx in the Diagnosis area based on the info you provided. I am not an expert, so I make no guarantees and you can give it a try if you'd like.

You will have to run Keymap master .xls speadsheet and use the load button from the speadsheet. Then you can copy the update code into IR.
There are some step by step instructions posted if you need.
The device type is TV and setup code I chose is 0605.

One more note:
The PIP Position key (blue TV/video) and the TV key (green TV/Video) have the same code in the learned functions, so you may want to check that again as one of the two is incorrect.

Hope this helps,

Kalou
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: