JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR Simpleset Support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted RMIR v2.03 Alpha 24e. This is a minor revision of Alpha 24d but it includes a fix for the issues described in the posts by tranx and me immediately above. I never did find the cause, but did find a workaround. The package also includes a revised protocols.ini to deal with the issue raised in this thread.

I have also posted a further revision of the RDF, map and image files. The map for the URC-6440 has been revised to split the overlays for the SkipBack and SkipFwd buttons into two, the second parts being linked to the Rewind and FastFwd buttons. These previously showed up as circles below the image, as phantom buttons. It seemed preferable to me to show them on the main image as they are accessed as long keypresses of the SkipBack and SkipFwd buttons. This revision also includes RDF, map and image files for the URC-7990 (and URC-7991), the OFA Infinity.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon thanks. Neat revision in the layout page for 6440's FF and Rew buttons.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
... It supports device-specific macros (DSMs)...To use this facility, all you need do is open the RDF with a text editor and add the new section

Code:
[SpecialProtocols]
DSM=Internal:0

after the [General] section, separated from it and the following section by a blank line.

This will make the Special Protocols tab visible in RMIR...please give it a try and confirm that it works for you, too. If it does, I will add this to the posted RDF.
mathdon, as reported I added this to the rdfs for both 6440 and OARUSB04G and it worked fine for both.

In the latest set of .rdfs it is added in #257001 for URC-6440 R01, but not in #27601 for OARUSB04G so the Special Functions tab had disappeared. However, as before, DSMs did become available again when I added it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, tranx, for letting me know about DSMs and the OARUSB04G. There seem to be significant differences between that and the URC-6440 and I hadn't noticed that you had tested DSMs on both, so I thought it safer to leave it out for that remote. I will add it in the next post of RDFs.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Thanks, tranx, for letting me know about DSMs and the OARUSB04G. There seem to be significant differences between that and the URC-6440 and I hadn't noticed that you had tested DSMs on both, so I thought it safer to leave it out for that remote. I will add it in the next post of RDFs.
Embarassed in fact it wasn't reported, earlier, that DSMs had been tried on both.

Might there be any prospect of somehow getting the 6440 and OARUSB04G remotes into shifted mode, e.g. by employing a single press of the List key, as discussed in the 6440 thread please? http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15142&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=45
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tranx wrote:
Might there be any prospect of somehow getting the 6440 and OARUSB04G remotes into shifted mode, e.g. by employing a single press of the List key, as discussed in the 6440 thread please?

I am following that thread, too, so it hasn't escaped my attention. Is there any prospect? Yes. Is it imminent? No. It will require a much greater understanding of the inner workings of the 6440 than we have at present, but I am sure we will gain that understanding in due course.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply but on balance thats good news too.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For both URC6440 and OARUSB04G, found that, by default the TV volume group commands are punched through to all devices.
Apart from the VPT facility for Activities, which is available in RMIR, if VPT needs to be modified, the result is that after loading an image into a remote, 993 commands need to be used as well:-

as expected:
SETUPhold2blinks; AUDIO/EXTRAoneblink; 9,9,3; EXTRAtwoblinks) sets the AUDIO/EXTRA device to control the volume group in all devices.

As expected:
SETUPhold2blinks; 9,9,3; Vol+fourblinks, cancels VPT.

but the following does not work e.g. to cancel VPT just for the AUDIO/EXTRA device:
AUDIO/EXTRAoneblink; SETUPhold2blinks; 9,9,3; Vol-four blinks.

So it seems to be 'all or nothing'. Keymoves are fine as an alternative but do I have it wrong, or is it unavoidable?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that RMIR can control all aspects of VPT. In device modes, the OARUSB4G respects the choices I make on the General tab, and in Combo mode, it respects the choices I make on the Activities tab.

I agree that the manual 993 programming doesn't seem to offer a lot of functionality.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
It seems to me that RMIR can control all aspects of VPT. In device modes, the OARUSB4G respects the choices I make on the General tab...

3FG, Thank you for quickly pointing out the VPT options on the general page - I still had not noticed those Very Happy
jsmithee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: RMIR Simpleset Support Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

So far. of the available Simpleset remotes, the only ones for which RDFs are available are the 4-device ones, the European URC-6440 and the North American OARUSB04G. Alpha 24 should, however, be able to support all other Simpleset remotes. Any user who has one of the others and who would be willing to help us develop an RDF for it should post a message here.

Hi, I have a uk urc7990 6 device simpleset remote and am willing to help if it's any use to you.
yaworski

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: RMIR Simpleset Support Reply with quote

jsmithee wrote:
Hi, I have a uk urc7990 6 device simpleset remote and am willing to help if it's any use to you.

Graham (mathdon) already have one too. Can you check what the label on the battery cover says? There should be something like URC 11-7990 R01.
jsmithee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: RMIR Simpleset Support Reply with quote

yaworski wrote:
jsmithee wrote:

Graham (mathdon) already have one too. Can you check what the label on the battery cover says? There should be something like URC 11-7990 R01.

Yes it says URC 11-7990 R01.

The software seems to work fine anyway, although I'm a complete noob using it.

Thanks, oh and does anybody know how to make this remote stay on the last screen you used? Mine reverts back to the numbers screen after the backlight goes out, so if you are ffwd you lose the transport controls. It makes it pretty much unusable. Sorry if I should have asked elsewhere.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: RMIR Simpleset Support Reply with quote

jsmithee wrote:
Yes it says URC 11-7990 R01.

The software seems to work fine anyway, although I'm a complete noob using it.

Thanks, oh and does anybody know how to make this remote stay on the last screen you used? Mine reverts back to the numbers screen after the backlight goes out, so if you are ffwd you lose the transport controls. It makes it pretty much unusable. Sorry if I should have asked elsewhere.

That's the same version as mine. The earlier post of mine that you quoted from was before I got this remote. After I got it, I created an RDF file for it, so RMIR does work with this remote now.

I agree with you about the disappearance of the transport buttons, and have decided that this remote really is unusable at present. I don't know any way round that problem. I am instead using the URC-6440, which I find to be really nice.
jsmithee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, as a workaround I've programmed the number buttons as transport controls, it works but it's less than ideal. It would be a great remote if you could choose the screens to display and the default behaviour.

I now have a question about the Special Functions tab, I've programmed a few discrete TV codes and would like to program the activity buttons with a special function. If I use a normal key to send a discrete tv input code followed by STB it switches the TV input to the correct input and puts the remote into Device...STB mode which is what I want. If I change the key the special macro is assigned to from a normal key to the WatchTV activity button it doesn't work even though you can choose to bind the macro to that activity button. Is there a way of binding macros or special functions to the activity buttons?

I don't know if you want to include it in the software but you can adjust the backlight duration to 3,6 or 9 seconds on this remote by pressing Settings...Extra...978 followed by 1(3 secs), 2(6 secs) or 3(9 secs) on the remote. I had to translate from the German Amazon site to get that nugget of information, there's virtually no info on the internet for this remote.

Great software btw, it's making this remote much more usable every day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: