JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Android-TV Learned Signals Work --- Device Upgrade doesn't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ednedn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Android-TV Learned Signals Work --- Device Upgrade doesn't Reply with quote

Update: This problem has been figured out! But I still have a question about how to use the Frequency of the learned signal!
---------------------------------

Hi! I have a strange problem. I can learn the signals off of my Android-TV Box remote on to my URC-8810. That all works. But when I load the Device Upgrade that I built in Remote Master onto my URC-8810 it acts like I'm never pressing a key for the device.

The file is at: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12678

I have the Device Upgrade loaded, and I have one learned signal (for the Select key) that works. The learned signal is fine. But the Device Upgrade Select key does not work. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, but from what I can tell the two versions should be the same???

Also, I have a couple of questions:

1) Why does RMIR tell me the Frequency of the signal (in this case 37914 hz) if I can't set that anywhere in the Remote Master Device Upgrade Editor?

2) In the Protocol Parameters, is it OK to just use 0 for the Parm: data? I don't know what this value should be. Is this why my Device Upgrade doesn't work? <---<<< This field has to be left blank and not set to 0 !!!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Android-TV Learned Signals Work --- Device Upgrade doesn Reply with quote

ednedn wrote:
Update: This problem has been figured out! But I still have a question about how to use the Frequency of the learned signal!
---------------------------------

Glad to hear that since I just popped open your file and everything looks great.

Quote:

1) Why does RMIR tell me the Frequency of the signal (in this case 37914 hz) if I can't set that anywhere in the Remote Master Device Upgrade Editor?

But RMIR does let you tweak protocol executors, to do things like change the frequency. Sometimes something will decode, but the signals don't work because it follows the validation rules for the protocol, but the frequency is 56000 when it should be 38000.

Quote:

2) In the Protocol Parameters, is it OK to just use 0 for the Parm: data? I don't know what this value should be. Is this why my Device Upgrade doesn't work? <---<<< This field has to be left blank and not set to 0 !!!

If no value is given for the Parm: you should leave it blank, although in this case 0 and blank give the same fixed data, sometimes that is not the case.

Zero does not equal blank Exclamation

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you post your RDMU upgrade in the file section?

I see that the file you posted is from a download. You lose all your information that way. RMIR allows you to document your remote, but that documentation is not entered into the remote itself. It is important to keep working from your RMIR file, not from downloads.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
ednedn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! I understand! I will work from the .rmir file! I did a download and posted that because that captured the learned signal that did work. But I understand that going to cause information to get lost.

But I have a quick question. I looked at two existing Android-TV box upgrades in the file section. The OBC numbers for all the keys / functions are different from each other and different from what I learned.

Given the fact there are all kinds of Android wireless keyboards with built in touchpads for sale on eBay, can the OBC #'s really be different like that?

What I'm really asking is does it even make sense to upload my upgrade because it looks like none of the Android TV Box stuff is compatible with other Android TV Box's ???
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ednedn wrote:
What I'm really asking is does it even make sense to upload my upgrade because it looks like none of the Android TV Box stuff is compatible with other Android TV Box's ???

Yes, if this is the file that is needed to work your box, anyone else with the exact same box will need your file as the others won't work.
ednedn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! Its uploaded. Smile Maybe it will save somebody some time and effort.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12681
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: